MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
I have a 2001 KDX200 and I purchased a new O-ring Chain and ssprockets for my bike. My question is will the stock Chain Guide work? I know the KDX220 has a o-ring chain stock. Are these the same chain guides? Any help would be appreciated.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I was able to keep the stock guide on my 93, but am not sure about the newer models.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Stock guide works. The master link clip wears thin after awhile.

I think I heard that fredette's guide is made in such a way as to prevent that wear.

Still...replacing a clip once a year or so isn't that big a deal. You'll likely be replacing the chain by then, anyway. My last o-ring chain has been on for about a year. Ride most weekends. It's not shot yet..but it's not pristine, neither.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
When I put the o-ring chain on my sons 200 I took a small file and removed some of the teflon in the guide for the master link (clip type). No problems to mention
Lew

Rusty

Jan 23, 2001
Yes, the stock chain guide will work, it did on my 96 200. It will make the master link clip wear down so keep a close eye on it. I almost didn't catch mine soon enough, it was just about as sharp and thin as a razor blade. I just kept buying a new clip untill the chain guide was worn out and then bought Fredette's chain guide. No more rubbing problems, plus it looks a lot nicer!

Top Bottom