Octane boost

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Do a search for this........It has been discussed in detail once before. I'm by far no expert, however, I seem to recall that some of the additives in these products are harmful........Rich had some very good info on this during the last thread......

HiG4s

Subscriber
Originally posted by Okiewan
Save nyour money, buy race gas.
I keep hearing that, even the local Gas Gas dealer says that, but even he can't tell me where to get it. The only place around here I can find it is at the local stock car track, and it costs $15 on practice days just to get into the pits where the pump is. Any suggestions where to look or how to locate race gas?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Originally posted by HiG4s

I keep hearing that, even the local Gas Gas dealer says that, but even he can't tell me where to get it. The only place around here I can find it is at the local stock car track, and it costs $15 on practice days just to get into the pits where the pump is. Any suggestions where to look or how to locate race gas?
Your local motorcycle shop should sell it. The Yamaha shop where I got my bikes sells race fuels from several vendors as does the local Honda shop.

-jeffd

North County Yamaha (which is 5 minutes away from my house) sales it for $35 for 5 gallons. Damn that's costly.

How much does it improve?

Re: buying race gas

Originally posted by weekendtoy
Try an airport.Aviation fuel is potent.
OK, I'll bite.

HOW POTENT IS IT?

uh oh. :scream:

I read in MXA that if you don't run avgas in your 4-stroke it will melt the cases.

SFO

Lifetime Sponsor
Finding Race Fuel

#1, try a google search for race fuel.
#2, contact their many 1-800#'s and find a local supplier
#3, if 7$ a gallon is too much...get over it!
I get phillips b37 for 6.25 a gal. delivered.
What is the application?

biglou

Originally posted by weekendtoy
???????????that went clear over my head.
Aviation fuel is potent.
Generalized, blanket statement. Seemingly implies that simply pouring AvGas into your bike will reap big gains. Not true, even with race gas.:D