chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
Do a search for this........It has been discussed in detail once before. I'm by far no expert, however, I seem to recall that some of the additives in these products are harmful........Rich had some very good info on this during the last thread......

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Save your money, buy race gas.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Save nyour money, buy race gas.

I keep hearing that, even the local Gas Gas dealer says that, but even he can't tell me where to get it. The only place around here I can find it is at the local stock car track, and it costs $15 on practice days just to get into the pits where the pump is. Any suggestions where to look or how to locate race gas?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by HiG4s

I keep hearing that, even the local Gas Gas dealer says that, but even he can't tell me where to get it. The only place around here I can find it is at the local stock car track, and it costs $15 on practice days just to get into the pits where the pump is. Any suggestions where to look or how to locate race gas?

Your local motorcycle shop should sell it. The Yamaha shop where I got my bikes sells race fuels from several vendors as does the local Honda shop.

-jeffd

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
North County Yamaha (which is 5 minutes away from my house) sales it for $35 for 5 gallons. Damn that's costly.

How much does it improve?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: buying race gas

Originally posted by weekendtoy
Try an airport.Aviation fuel is potent.

OK, I'll bite.

HOW POTENT IS IT?

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Finding Race Fuel

#1, try a google search for race fuel.
#2, contact their many 1-800#'s and find a local supplier
#3, if 7$ a gallon is too much...get over it!
I get phillips b37 for 6.25 a gal. delivered.
What is the application?

B

biglou

Originally posted by weekendtoy
???????????that went clear over my head.
Aviation fuel is potent.
Generalized, blanket statement. Seemingly implies that simply pouring AvGas into your bike will reap big gains. Not true, even with race gas.:D

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
race gas locations

Higs4,
Try this to locate some race gas. I went to http://www.cpchem.com/p66race/ and found my local distributor for race gas. He gave me 2 locations locally where I can buy Phillips B32 110 octane race gas for $4.50 a gal in the pump.

Last edited:
B

biglou

Originally posted by Person8
Does use of race gas necessitate re-jetting?
If your aim is more performance, most definitely. Otherwise you are just wasting money. Click Eric Gorr's Forward Motion button to the left, and go to his site and click on "Tech Articles". There is a wealth of knowledge there about fuels and many other things.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom