yortz

May 16, 2004
I just returned from a 52 mile jaunt in the woods pretty nasty stuff . first ,second, and third gear now and again. Well today during my post ride maintinance i noticed a slight clunking noise during decceleration. It sounds like it is coming from top of cylinder, maby piston,or could it be kips valves? The bike has only 150 or so miles on it. Any ideas? I will take the pipe off to see if it somthing obvious this next weekend. At any case it probably will be spendy.

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
Sorry to hear of your trouble. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be something external. A freind of mine had a similar thing on an old Suzy RM 400, and we found it to be a broken motor mount. It shook like crazy on decell. I have a new 220 with about the same miles, and was wondering if yours is hard to shift? I get quite a few false neutrals, and once in a while it refuses to go into 6th. Good luck, hope it's cheap.
Mike.

yortz

May 16, 2004
Colorado mike; my bike was shifting a bit more difficult than i would expect,and a lot of false neutrals. I have tried several oils,including synthetic.This ride i tried a 10-40 mobile [4 stroke ] type and it seemed to shift a lot better.So you might try switching oil could help. good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom