ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
My odometer cable went bad so I went to the local dealer to buy a new one and found out it was $103.
I am not paying that much for something I really dont use so I thought for less money I could buy a trail tech. I have hear before that a few people have bought other styles from walmart. I have looked and my super walmart in town here doesnt carry them or anything like it.
My question is: is the trail tech a pretty tough unit and worth the money?
Or do I go to walmart and have them order me a cheaper version.
Either way it is cheaper the the factory odometer cable.
Talk about price gouging. OUCH !!

Got my FMF Gnarly pipe in today and getting it stuck on tonight for this weekend. Hope for sun and warm weather :)

ninjaman

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

Gerg

May 7, 2002
I bought a brand new cable from Bikebandit.com as well, but then bought the Trail Tech computer and installed that instead. The odometer cable was never used on the bike, and I'd be willing to sell it, since I won't need it ever again (I love the Trail Tech computer!)

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I just bought a bike computer off of ebay so I will give it a try. Has a lot more features and cost only $23.
Thanks for all of your responses.
Now if it would quite raining and warm up we will be fine.

Curt

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
HI Rich,
I think you are asking if anyone has removed their odometer and how to plug the hole from the sending unit or how to replace it with a spacer. I used a toothpaste cap to plug the hole. It is tapered and when put in upsidedown, it will be just right to screw in. It stayed in and never came out.

Gerg

May 7, 2002
My Trail Tech computer came with a cap to seal the old odomoter cable opening, which I wasn't expecting! Nice little bonus!

Top Bottom