Official gimp thread ~ WHo's hurt and how's the healing going?

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Title says it all.

I Broke my Tibia plateau (knee joint) on Oct7. I've been in Phyiscal Therapy for a little over 2 weeks now and have progressed out of pool therapy to full time land therapy in the weight room. Hopefully I get to go back to work some time in January and will be ready to ride soon after.

:cool: :ride:

next....

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
#2 separations of the right shoulder it happened at the end of October. PT starts first of the New Year. Wish me luck!

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Hee hee I was wondering who was gonna start this thread. Seems this sport is tough on the body! Shoulder dislocations in Feb (from hockey), at Roselawn #1, and again in June. Had arthroscopic surgery on 9/22. Been doing PT since around 10/15 daily. Shoulder feels pretty good. Might go for a slow ride in Jan if conditions ain't too bad.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Prostate TURP surgery Nov 17th, 2006

Meniscus Arthroscopy Surgery scheduled Dec 28th 2006

Hurt my shoulder Oct 2005, not going to do anything with it, just keep it exercised and strong.

next....

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Pulp_Fiction_Gimp_link.jpg

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
ruptured achilles tendon in soccer game day after thanksgiving. Surgery to repair 4 days later, hopefully off crutches by end of january. Feels better than the last time this happened (other leg, same soccer game 7 years earlier). We'll see. No more soccer for me, just too old. Its my only game of the year, alumni game. I played 60 injury free hockey games this year and rode maybe 2000 miles offroad. That soccer is dangerous. Funny, all my neighbors and stuff automatically figure it happened on the motorcycle.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
July 14th torn ACL, MCL & Meniscus. ACL replaced 8-10-06. Just getting back to riding a little. Doc doesn't want me riding until spring but the knee feels good and I'm taking it easy. It was difficult missing most of the riding season but sure makes the return special. It sucked being me for four months, but but now it sucks to be Fred, DW, Wolf and others. I guess we all will eventually get our turn.
As far as the surgery, all went better than expected. Most of the time I can't tell what knee was damaged. A fiew months is a short time and looking back it passed quickly. Looking forward time seemed to stand still.
Hope you all heal fast and well.
Having eye surgery 1-4, PRK. Getting tired of dealing with contacts.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Dec. 4 Sinus surgery. At least the recovery should be short term, not like others. :cool:

Rode Dec.20th felt good, just a little sore. Inactivity & Christmas sweets getting to me, time to start training again.
Well maybe I will wait till after the 25th!!!!!!! :yikes:
Don

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
How hard can it be to find fresh donuts! Training never ends. So Don with Freddy's new Azz hole will your sinus surgery help you blow I mean breath. Merry CHRISTMAS!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Nick, as this is the season of goodwill toward men and peace on earth I will consider the source of your comments.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
nzambon said:
How hard can it be to find fresh donuts! Training never ends. So Don with Freddy's new Azz hole will your sinus surgery help you blow I mean breath. Merry CHRISTMAS!

DAYUM!!!!!! :yikes:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nzambon said:

Nick
I don't know what those UP Doc tell you up in da UP but the Prostate is for #1, not #2. :yikes:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Let's see....jammed my right arm into shoulder socket Sept. 8th. Pain got worse and worse...after X-rays and MRIs doc decides nothing is torn so we'll do PT for 8wks. I have been doing PT for 3wks already. Shoulder is FINALLY feeling better. My range of motion is improving and so is the strength. We went bowling last night, it didn't hurt it too bad. I could only bowl one game though. I was in pain after that.

Right knee...hurt that Sept. 9th 2003. Six months later I had surgery to remove most of the meniscus and a lot of cartilage. Started having problems with it again last year. Finally got my claim re-opened on that and an appointment to see the doc that worked on it. He decides I just need PT and is not sure why I didn't have PT after it had healed from the surgery. I told him I didn't know, he was the doc who worked on it and he never prescribed PT. He said sure I did....looked at records, oh guess I didn't. So now I'm doing PT on that for 6wks. My ACL and PCL are weak and they are pulling my knee cap out of alignment. That's starting to feel better now too. So hopefully in 6 weeks I'll be good to go!

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Broken scaphoid in late June. Thought it was a sprain for 5 weeks and x-rays didn't show the break. Casted for 6 weeks - ortho said I was healed and cleared me for PT and riding.

Ortho was wrong. Recent MRI shows it was not healed and the PT and riding were keeping the bone broken.

I should know by spring whether I'm: (1) racing in 2007 or (2) another Ricky Johnson case.

Top Bottom