2000rm125

Nov 14, 2007
i have a 2000 rm125 and the is oil coming from the muffler i have tried tuning the air screw and changed the filter in the muffler but that doesent seem to help should i change oil ratios right now im at 32:1???????? if not that any other ideas?

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
Let me be the first to say this, do a search for jetting.

Also, buy a manual for the bike. It should give you jetting specs for your location.

2000rm125

Nov 14, 2007
well i have a manual for my bike and i have tried the whole jettting thing and it dosent seem to help the oil still leaks out.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
2000rm125 said:
well i have a manual for my bike and i have tried the whole jettting thing and it dosent seem to help the oil still leaks out.

If you have oil coming out then your jetting hasnt been figured out.

What color is your plug when you pull it?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
If you run at 32:1 and only putt around, it'll spit oil. 32:1 is great for the track wide open but at slow speeds, it'll load up a bit.

2000rm125

Nov 14, 2007
im not sure about the color of the plug right now i havent riddden it in awhile casue im trying to sell it but i wanna fix this problem before i do. but when i did ride it it dident foul any plugs and i did ride around the track slower than most cause i was a beginner so that might be the problem i was just not going fast enough. and yhea mabey your right the jetttting isent right ill mess with it see if i can fix it. but will the jetting help if im going slow??. cause mabey the jettings right im just going to slow?? idk

and its a fresh top end i had to get it bored and new piston when i bought it

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
2000rm125 said:
i have a 2000 rm125 and the is oil coming from the muffler i have tried tuning the air screw and changed the filter in the muffler but that doesent seem to help should i change oil ratios right now im at 32:1???????? if not that any other ideas?

Chit mang, yous muffla bearins is chot, fo sho.

I shouldn't of said that but I figure wtf

2000rm125

Nov 14, 2007
VintageDirt said:
Chit mang, yous muffla bearins is chot, fo sho.

I shouldn't of said that but I figure wtf

was that english???

sorry guys when i said muffler i ment exhaust.... got my words mixed up

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
2000rm125 said:
was that english???

sorry guys when i said muffler i ment exhaust.... got my words mixed up
I trust you meant you repacked your silencer. That's a good thing since it could have been oil soaked due to prior rich jetting. You've clearly got more jetting work to do to lean this out properly if you have that much spooge coming out the end.

loge88

Aug 8, 2007
Yeah im having the same problem withmy bike and im also a beginner. Im gunna try to change my gas mixture to 40:1 and c if that helps. Hopefully it does.

Var

Nov 5, 2007
i've owned a dirtbike for a whole month. I spent more time reading and searching this forum than i have riding it.

Don't change your premix ratio.

Jet your carb. My bike was splooging like mad..through the rivets in the silencer. I repacked it and changed the jets. The bike doesn't smoke hardly at all and runs strong . Need to make some more adjustments for it to be perfect but it still runs a lot better with no oil or smoke.

do a search for jetting and premix ratio. There are a few hours of good reading to be done.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom