ascracer

Oct 21, 2006
I just picked up a 73 Suzuki TS 250. I was wondering how many tanks of gas I might get out of a tank of oil for the injector. This is the first bike I have ever had to be oil injected. I know there are alot of variables involved but just to have an idea. Is it like premix a quart to 10gal or so? The fuel tank holds 2.4gal and the oil tank holds 2.3pints. Thanks.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
A guess for an old Suzuki would be 20:1 back in those days. That's 20 ounces of gas for every 1 ounce of oil. There is 128 ounces of gas in a gallon so you have 307 ounces to a tank. Your oil tank is 37 ounces. At 20:1 you would burn two tanks of gas and have 6 ounces left over.

I'm sorry if all that is elementary to you, just covering the bases.

Good luck...

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Doesn't the mixture change somewhat depending on the rpm of the engine?? Bottom line is to keep your eye on the oil and try to keep plenty in it.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
The old bikes that I have had with oil injection the oil seemed to last forever. I don't remember the brand of bike i think maybe yamaha. It had a cable to the oil pump that varied the oil according to the throttle position. It didn't seem like it used no where near the amount of oil you would use in premix. Must have been fine though it never gave any trouble. I bet you get more than a couple of tanks of gas to a tank of oil.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
maybe so...

I'm just guessing based on what Suzuki 2 strokes used to recommend for the pre mixed bikes back in the day, they were 20:1. Just keep an eye on it, most likely it will last longer.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
mideastrider said:
The old bikes that I have had with oil injection the oil seemed to last forever. I don't remember the brand of bike i think maybe yamaha. It had a cable to the oil pump that varied the oil according to the throttle position. It didn't seem like it used no where near the amount of oil you would use in premix. Must have been fine though it never gave any trouble. I bet you get more than a couple of tanks of gas to a tank of oil.

if its anything like the DTs and ts100 i had the oil tank will last forever like mideast said. i dont know the ratio they run but it must be really easy on the oil.

Top Bottom