oil mixture and drain plug questions

eddie1

Oct 17, 2007
ok so i just foundout i havn't been running the right fuel octain in my bike, 87 and on bikebandit it says to run 96+ on the scamatics dunno if this right or not, any oppinions?

What is the size of the BOLT for the tranny drain plug of a 1990 rm250(last one broke so i ahve no idea what size to use)

thanks

eddie1

Oct 17, 2007
looked but still no luck on the drain plug

n thanks f orthe advice ima go kick my freinds rearend now for not knowing his facts

eddie1

Oct 17, 2007
??? yup just looked for a hr now and still no luck on the darn screw or actual oil mixture.

Last edited:

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
2 stroke engines do quite well on 32 to 1, fuel to oil ratio. Make sure to use a quality 2 stroke oil. Not automotive oil.

Two stroke transmissions often use regular automotive motor oil. 10-30 is a good choice.

The drain plug is metric. Likely a 10 or 12mm thread with a 1.5 thread pitch. Sometimes, auto parts stores have replacement drain plugs that will fit. (sometimes in the "help" section) Make sure to use a gasket.

Good luck.

Chris

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
cujet said:
2 stroke engines do quite well on 32 to 1, fuel to oil ratio. Make sure to use a quality 2 stroke oil. Not automotive oil.

Two stroke transmissions often use regular automotive motor oil. 10-30 is a good choice.

The drain plug is metric. Likely a 10 or 12mm thread with a 1.5 thread pitch. Sometimes, auto parts stores have replacement drain plugs that will fit. (sometimes in the "help" section) Make sure to use a gasket.

Good luck.

Chris
+1

Top Bottom