Feb 5, 2007
The skirt broke off of my 2006 yz250s pistin at wide open messing up the cylinder bad, and wrecking a few other things, first i was wondering if anyonw knew of an aftermarket company that makes the plastic plates that are bolted to the inside of the crankshaft, as they are broke on my bike and yamaha only sells them as an assembly with the crank. Next thing is i want to completely deck this thing out without running race gas..... so i have to buy a new cylinder so i am going oversize of course, does anyone know what the legal max size is for CMRC specifications, an i need to know the best kit for the money to buy, as well as reeds which i wlso wrecked when this happened (i was thinging of going with the boyesean rad valve setup cage and all) then a pro circuit platnum 2 pipe to go with the r-304 silencer i have, the cylinder would also be ported, after i got it, what else is there to do as far as little not to expensive mods to get some power. and like i said what is the best big bore kit to run????? if anyone has any ideas, please post them, well have some fun with this bike lol, becaue i have till may to get it all tuned up :laugh: thanks guys

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You can get an aftermarket crank from HotRods for around $200. That comes with a new rod and bearings which is a pretty good deal.

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
railside... I feel your pain and admire your attitude. I sent and received a 2003 YZ125 to Eric Gorr whereas he proved a 144 in return. The results were fantastic, his prices reasonable, and timeline exceptional. This all happened mid-jan '07 His web is up and running forwardmotion.com. Cylinder thing is interesting... a 2005 YZ250 OEM cylinder 260.00 a '97KX250 cylinder 400+ guess my sons in and I'm out. I believe Eric will do the overbore and port to your desire based on the info you provide. I sent the entire engine and again extremely pleased with the results. Figure the crank and bottom work will cost you more but personally I like the idea of single source maint and suspect the price will remain what guy's like us would call fair.
Good Luck...

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
I have no personal experience with Eric Gorr's work, although I have communicated with the guy via email and phone, bought his books and have heard from various sources, that his work is absolutely top notch. I am just waiting for my cylinder and bottom to take a dump so I as well can enjoy the pleasure of a Foward Motion Big Bore~!!! :p (Sounds dumb I know :bang: )

Top Bottom