Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
So this neck surgery thing is gonna kick the crap out of my summer fun and keep me off a bike for a very long time -I've accepted that.

I'm home bored stiff and watching stuff on TV you can't even imagine.

I wear this stupid neck support every minuite of the day and night and feel like a robot.

OK, I m dealing with it, making the best of the situation because I know even though it may be a long time it will be over and I will heal up enough to get back to the things I love.

Sooooo, today I call the Doc to make an appointment to get staples removed from my neck and I asked about what restrictions there are to over come to be able to drive again.

"You had neck surgery right?"
"Yes"
"OK, well you cannot drive until you have your post op appointment with the Dr and get the neck brace removed."
"HUH!!!!"
"Yes, it's illegal to drive with the brace because of the restrictions of movment."
"oh, OK........click."

The brace is supposed to be on for 4-6 weeks and I can't even drive my self around now either. Home ridden and at the mercy of "dial a ride" for 4-6 weeks!

:ahhh: :bang:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Fred, its one thing to get addicted to drugs for pain but the Young and the Restless isn't accepabile!

If you need someone to get the motor home and you up for the weekend let me know I have to go downstate Thurs.
Don

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
That is a bummer Fred.... :(

My step-mom had to wear the same neck brace for 3 months. She's had to deal with this stuff for 30 years though, so is just happy to have a neck at this point.

Does ET have her license yet? Maybe time for a little role reversal.... "Erin, can you drive me up to the KTM store to hang out with my buddies?"

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred - LMK if you want some videos to watch (no....not that kind!)...Mark got to enjoy them, you might as well!

So, when did you start being 100% compliant with the law anyhow?

Mike

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
My dad and I have helped a few when they weren't at their peak, and I have a job now, so I can pretty much help out in anyway possible.

Who wants to make a list of things to help freddie out?
I, for one, am in.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
A big box of DVD's are on the way priority mail! I hope they get there before you OK on the Days of Our Lives, the withdrawl symptoms from that addiction are really tough. You'll get this irristable urge to go get your hair blued.

I got to know a LOT of TV as well! Just pop a perc and it's like hitting the snooze button! Ahh!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
A big box of DVD's are on the way priority mail! I hope they get there before you OK on the Days of Our Lives, the withdrawl symptoms from that addiction are really tough. You'll get this irristable urge to go get your hair blued.

I got to know a LOT of TV as well! Just pop a perc and it's like hitting the snooze button! Ahh!

I only take 1/2 a perk at night to sleep well. Otherwise I'm drug free. Mean while at home alone today I'll practice my line...."hey bud, can I bum a ride?"

Yeserday my excitment was to go to advanced auto to get a reese hitch for beckys car and go to staples for a couple things. :rotfl:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Yeah, life sure does slow down when you're on the mend....sounds like you're not doing too bad though if you can do those things.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Fred T said:
Yeserday my excitment was to go to advanced auto to get a reese hitch for beckys car and go to staples for a couple things. :rotfl:

There's more to life than that? :ohmy: Freddy, have the guy's over at EE kicked you out of the show room yet? :laugh:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
AAhhh yeah the not being able to drive. After I had knee surgery and couldn't drive (had to be the right knee didn't it) my sister (worlds worst driver) was the only one available to drive me!!!
Now is the time you install MCM2 on your PC or get an X-Box and play either MXUnleashed or ATV vs MX unleashed. Only problem with that is it makes you want to ride even more! Don't bother turning the TV on, there is nothing until at least 4:30PM. PLEASE don't turn to soaps, way too much drama.

Good luck w/the healing process...neck surgery does not sound like fun.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yo - Fred, yoooo Freddy my man... At the point you are at in the game my wife was wiping my backside and giving me showers :yikes:
Take some simple advice and laylow, you WILL be back up real soon even if we have to carry you!!!!!!!~!!!!! My doctors told me that it would be VERY possible that I would NEVER ride again and now look - way faster then predicted!! Just take the time to heal buddie and you will be back online before you even know it!!
By the way, I just drove a Camaro home from Sacremento california for my son and I havent felt this good in years!!! NO SCIATICA AND NO PARALYSES TRUST YOUR DOCTORS!! You will be shocked at how fast the time will go - PLEASE DO AS THEY INSTRUCT FOR NOW!!!!
Oh yea, stash some dope away for future hurts :rotfl: :nod:
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
woodsy said:
Oh yea, stash some dope away for future hurts :rotfl: :nod:
Woodsy

Scott
Ya, I'm on the dope stash already. I'll have me some skelaxin muscle relaxer and some percaset for the really bad days. :laugh:

Top Bottom