slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
Jeremy, I am up for going over with you to try that track. Maybe if I can even come close to keeping up with you I will let you talk me into an mx race or two this year. By the way did you get the forks on?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Yep, they're on, and feel MUCH better than the stockers. I'm getting the steering stops extended now, and I'm all set! Maybe we should start looking for a good time to go?

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
what your can barely keep up with jeremy then you don't want to go trail riding with me cause jeremy usually can barely keep up with me especially when I really rip it up ;) He definetly can't keep up with me now on a mx track :) We should hook up and go on a trail ride soon I would feel me comfortable with a spark arrestor and I've been biten by the MX bug bad i'm constantly going racing now. Maybe we should do a harescramble what was that one NMA 24hr scramble usually at reiters. We can form a team need like 4 people but my bike doesn't have any lights though.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
punishment how can you say that I ride there all the time, I must be used to it I guess. Hey what local trail riding area has got some good monster like straight up the hill, hill climb trails? I heard it was tanuem creek was the spot.

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
MXP1MP, I am game. If you want to try a really fun poker run come on out to the stupjumper's with me this Saturday. Its fun and you can show me your blinding speed! If I can drum up someone to go with me I am going to head over to the dunes for a while after the poker run too...

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
sorry man I got to work saturday and I have no spark arrestor yet for my bike other wise I was thinking about it. I was going to be racing at opmc on sunday anyways. But I might have to sell my YZ and get that KTM 520 SX I was riding in my dream I had :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey Joe, there should be a race at Reiter coming up before the Buttstomper (24 hr). The Jackhammer is usually in May sometime, right NMA guys? I don't have the NMA event book. It was in May last year I think. It's scored like an ISDE which means you start on a minute like an enduro but you don't need an odometer and roll chart or anything, they just total up your special test times. It was pretty cool last year, great weather.

And the guys who won the 24 Hr last year didn't even have lights on their bikes--they all had high quality helmet lights. Only one guy on the team had a bike light. You can get them at a bicycle shop. It was a wild race, that's for sure! I got a little silly up at the Tiki Love Lounge. :confused: If you don't race you should at least round up a couple friends and go camp and hang out--it's cool.

PeteN

Jun 5, 2000
Taneum has som pretty good hillclimbs, I know a back way up from golf course road (?) that is seriously steep and a shorter drive from the wet side. You might need that 520, cause it would tax that lil' 125.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Ok Joe, last time you rode with me offroad, I only had about 2 hrs on my XR. The power was still frightening. I didn't have much trouble keeping up with you then either. :p Maybe you should actually come out and ride some time with Slick and I and show us how fast you are, huh? Oh what's that? You don't have a spark arrestor? Hope you can push your bike fast enough! :p I should hope that you are faster than I am on an MX track, especially considering you do it every weekend now, have gone to at least 1 MX school, and have an MX bike!

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
All this talk is all the more reason why we should all get together at the Thurston ORV. Something for every smack talker to walk the walk

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Ya jeremy we had to go riding again soon, I want to see your bike with those inverted forks on it now. I know we can run a course threw the trails and time each other. You know i'm just teasin ya, Better put my riding were my mouth is :) When we gonna go do tanuem? we've talking about doing that for what seems like forever now.

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
Jeremy, I cant go to Thurston this Sunday because i will be in Eastern Wa at the poker run on Sat and my wife usually has a "once a week" rule.
But if you dont go this week or decide to go again next week....

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Ok so I'm fashionably late in joining the party. :) I'm up for a ride ANYwhere. Driving is not a problem for me or my Tacoma. I've heard good things about the countless trails in Central/Eastern Oregon. Organized or spur of the moment, I'm willing to ride along. ;)

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
gee... i've been missing out on all the fun! (well, i've been having fun elsewhere) i'll have to stay updated on the gathering so i can meet all you folks... wherever it may be! the bike's been sitting too long, i've gotta get out for a ride.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
If any of you are interested in checking out the riding in central Oregon there a couple events coming up that are worth riding.

Saturday April 27th & Sunday April 28th - Moonshine Harescrambles ~ 12 mile course on private land, all single track. Great head to head racing both days.
Interested? Contact: Heads Up Racing @ (541) 923-8518 Weekdays between 9AM - 2PM, or Sundays after 7PM.

Saturday May 4th - Joker Poker Run ~ East Fort Rock OHV area ~ 25 mile short course & 45-50 mile long course.
Interested? Contact: Central Oregon Motorcycle & Atv Club (COMAC) @ (541)388-9066 or (541)447-3896

Sunday May 5th - China Hat Scrambles ~ East Fort Rock OHV Area ~ Approx. 70 mile course.
Interested? Contact: Lobos M.C. @ (503) 693-7417 or (504) 656-5801

Primitive camping is available at both locations, with bathrooms onsite.

I hope that some of you can make it over to see why we love it here.
;)

Top Bottom