~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
So wheres the Party?

Im in!!!!!! Can I go??
Im a rookie though...Is that okay.
I think I can take all of ya on!:confused:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
How about Chelan area? There's LOTS of different trails around there. There's even access to Mad River coming out of Entiat, which is supposed to be a really good trail. There are LOTS of camping areas too. That you can ride right out of.

I'd also be up for the Cle Elum area. Never ridden there, but really want to this year.

If any of you are doing a ride in any of those areas, or others on the west side, let me know. I just can't go on Saturdays. :whiner:

Jeremy

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Don't rule out someplace in Oregon, we have a lot of really cool places to choose from.

Here are some fun events that are worth checking out:
April 27&28 - Moonshine Harescrambles - 60 miles east of Bend, Oregon.
May 4&5 - China Hat Dual Sport & Hare Scramble - 30 miles east of Bend.
May 11 - Joker Poker Run - 30 miles east of Bend.
June 1&2 - Tee Pee Run - McCubbins Gulch, Mt Hood Nat. Forest.
:D

Rapids

Jul 24, 2001
I'll be at the Idaho SF in August with my son and a few local lunatics. Baumgartner is one of the coolest camping/riding areas I've ever seen.

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
Hiya! I am in for anything in Wa. I may be able to talk the wife into one out of state (but close) ride a year.

I have also been trying to drum some interest in meeting some DRNers at the stumpjumpers ride thise year.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay Well i'm good for anything in WA maybe OR or ID but thats pushing it for me. It would have to be on a sunday damn work won't let me take saturdays off or its a pain getting them off. I haven't been out trail ridding lately been concentrating on AX/MX lately neglecting my trail ridding buds. I think a NW spode fest would be awesome, from what I hear is that tanuem creek is THE BEST place to ride in this state for trail ridding. I haven't personally gone there yet. Back in the day when you used to be able to ride at roysln it was undisputed as one of the best places to go. I think alot of that had to deal with the big coal pile and trust me it was big. I just need to pick up a spark arrestor for my bike.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Gramps and I will be at Ta-Who-Ya on sat for some fun. Looks like it'll warm up to 45 and might even have a little snow if we luck out. 9:00 to 9:30 at the staging area. Earlier if I'm not whupped from skiing the night before.

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Welll it figures....start a new thread and leave HR out of it

Okay...been begging for riders....I get it now...just like in grade school...duck and dodge HR:p

Fine...was going to brag on the new ride...but I wont :uh:

so

Where and when we riding....?

HR
:cool:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
So whats up? Are we gonna get all the washingtonians together for a trail ride here soon? How bout a name? like the spodeinators heh :) I'm tired of chatting lets ride! :aj:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
If we want to get everyone in the northwest, we should do something that is central to Washington, Western Montana, Idaho, BC(Canada), and Oregon

I'm thinking Tri-Cities, Yakima, or Umatilla maybe something along the Columbia
That area is what 4 hours from Boise, 3 from Seattle, 4 from portland and 2.5 from Spokane, 5-6 from BC, and 4-5 from Montana.

Just an Idea if we shot for a big NorthWest Chapter ride;)

If we do something In the North Cascades it would be tough for our S-Idaho, and Oregon spodes.

Comments, questions, concerns?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bsmith
If we want to get everyone in the northwest, we should do something that is central to Washington, Western Montana, Idaho, BC(Canada), and Oregon

I'm thinking Tri-Cities, Yakima, or Umatilla maybe something along the Columbia
That area is what 4 hours from Boise, 3 from Seattle, 4 from portland and 2.5 from Spokane, 5-6 from BC, and 4-5 from Montana.

But there isn't any truly spectacular riding in that area. How about Spokane area? It's 4 hours from here, and the Oregonites would have the longest drive. Bbbom, what do you think? Maybe Skyline or something. Is that still open even? Who knows it well enough to mark trails and keep us out of the logging/private property?

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Don't know about Skyline but I know Wallace has some killer riding - especially if you fall off the goat trail (your dead). It also has some very nice hiking too for a follow up to that nice 70 mile ride.

If the Spokane area or North Idaho/Montana is a possibility, I can get info together.

I like any place that has mountains, woods, scenery, roots, rocks, ruts and a nice water crossing or two. But, I'm not picky!!;)

dog

Oct 4, 2000
I live in Sammamish (Seattle Area). Entiat and Randle/Mt. Adams are great places in the late summer. Taneum is fun but it is getting pretty beat up in recent years from overuse and not enough maintenance. I have heard there is some great riding in the Blue Mountains of Oregon near LaGrande that might be a good central place for all of the Northwest as well.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by bbbom
Hey, XRP wasn't SE Washington supposed secede from the rest of WA to join North Idaho for a new state?

No you don't. We need your guns when we take back the west side from the Kalifornia wannabes.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by firecracker22
Ideas? When? Where? I recommend Mad River, as it is now one of my new favorites, with a wide range of trails and gorgeous scenery and campgrounds galore. The lower trails should be open in early June, the upper trails not until July sometime.

Mad River is the best. We usually have an Oktoberfest there when the fall colors are out and Leavenworth is close for non- riders.

My advice on Spodefests is to not sweat how many forks show up. The important folks make it. The losers are at home.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Have any of you ridden in the Blewett Pass area? I've been hearing that there's some really good riding over there, but I don't know where the trail heads are. Anyone on here know? How's the terrain?

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I guesss it depends when we want to go. Taneum will have riding in a couple months, later the new facilities at buck meadows will be clear and trails connnect to taneum and naches. Early there are the dunes at moses lake (pronunced Glamis) or the wet west side.

When are the trails clear at Mad river? sounds like a good choice and I always wanted to ride there. Besides there is Gustav's in Leavenworth for a micro and a burger.

We need a coordinator and I nominate FC22.

We need a second and all those in favor

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
yeppers....FC22...

My 3 kids all ride...there is three more...
I ride
thats 4...

and both my IRish setters Wish they could ride...

thats 6 votes from HRs house alone....its on a roll!:confused:

HR
:cool:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Her reluctance to accept this honor is no doubt a product of her humility, what a fine characteristic for a Spodenator, with out doubt she is the one for the job.

Top Bottom