Okie ?

singletracker500

Lifetime Sponsor
What do you think about having a poll in the Dirtweek '01 forum to find out how many ride trails, and how many ride track? I'm kind of curious to know if I'll be riding the trails by myself!!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
ST,
The trail riders outnumbered the track riders almost 2:1 last year. What was fun was cross-training everyone. :p Me, I stayed out of the woods for the competitions but it was also great seeing the woods riders faces when they got out on a grromed track. Smiles a mile wide! :)

singletracker500

Lifetime Sponsor
I've been on a track slo'mo...hated it! I feel like I'm chasing my tail, going around and around in circles. If I wanted smooth, I'd buy a Harley and ride back and forth to Flaggstaff! :D

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
but don't forget....

Fredette laid out the woods trails last year. That alone makes it worth the trip for those of you who love dancing with trees. :)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Originally posted by singletracker500
I've been on a track slo'mo...hated it! I feel like I'm chasing my tail, going around and around in circles. If I wanted smooth, I'd buy a Harley and ride back and forth to Flaggstaff! :D
I can show you round and rounds that are anything but smooth. :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Re: but don't forget....

Fredette laid out the woods trails last year...
:think
He wasn't the only one... and it's a good thing you didn't have to ride the original layout. :p

Sorry, missed this post somehow...
Yup, woods riders out numbered MXers big time, probably will again. 'mo is right, they had a blast racing in the "bikes with lights" mx class, the start was pretty funny :scream:

I'll put the poll up.

Oh and yes, WoodsRider, Offroadr and Fredette laid-out the harescramble course. Rumor has it, these two just kept saying, "no way Jeff".

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
I might have to pass on the creek crossing. History has proved that it's not my strongest riding technique! :eek:

Papakeith...
Just follow MikeB, he'll get you thru it :confused:

biglou

It's a trap!!:D Sounds like an ambush to me! Seriously, there was definitely a deep "line" and a shallow "line" at one crossing (the first one headed in, I think). There was no visual difference between them. Trial and error. It only takes one time to pick the wrong line! Best advice-Sit and watch the carnage until you can see where the shallow line is!:p

singletracker500

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by Truespode
The woods in Casey are GREAT. They are some of the best trails I have ridden.

Challenging hills. Single track. Open. Creek crossing. Wonderful.

The woods guys will have a blast.

The only thing was that the trails criss crossed and weren't marked all too well but I'm positive that Offroadr and crew have taken care of that.

The track is awesome too. Lots of fun and great dirt.
Sounds great!! I can't wait. But I think I will be watching others cross the water before I try it. Haven't had to do too many water crossings since I moved to AZ.:eek:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
ST500 - The nighttime poker runs will be worth the price of admission alone. There really aren't a ton of trails and nothing really challenging, but in the dark - The most fun I have ever had! A great chance to see a few MX'ers with flashlights taped to helmets, fenders etc :)

This coming from the guy who told billywho the MX track is short and tight? You sure you remember being there Eddie? LOL.