Mar 9, 2004
Just joined after discovering these forums via google.

Its been 14 years since I sold my last bike, a beautiful red '80 yamaha 850 special to a happy college kid and I sure missed having a motorcycle! My first was an American Eagle 175 with a Kawasaki F3 engine that I used to commute in college and rode at the High Mountain Enduro when I worked a check point for the Poly Penguins.

I have to thank my son for getting me back into riding, he convinced his mom to let him buy a dirt bike with his savings. I helped him find an RT 100 that a guy had cleaned up for a girl friend's son, and then broke up with her. After hauling him to Metcalf (alot) and waiting while he rode I started to look for something that I could ride with him. My son had become the local go-ped mechanic so I was looking for a fixer-upper to help him learn more about Motorcycle repair.

One day I found the perfect deal and my son (16) and I rebuilt an '83 IT 175 and an '85 IT 200 that we bought for $500 on craigslist. Thanks to Ebay and discounts at San Jose Yamaha we didn't have to spend much since I'm currently unemployed. We ride Metcalf, Hollister and Carnegie most of the time because they are close but hope to ride Clear Creek, Stonyford and some of the areas in the Gold Country soon. I also have a son at Cal Poly so we want to hit Pozo and Pismo one of these days. We usually ride with some local friends and are looking to meet some new friends that might be able to show us around some new areas. Let me know if you are interested in meeting up and we'll see if there is a good date.

Oh yeah my son upgraded to a '99 RM125 because he likes jumping and the old bikes scared him when they were airborne.

Happy Trails, glad to be back in the saddle again.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Welcome back to riding - lots of riders in your area too.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site and back into riding.

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum. It is hopping in there.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
You ride all the same places I do, a lot of DRNers up in this area. There's a Family Enduro at Clear Creek THIS weekend if you and your sons should decide to make the trip. And if you haven't been to Stony, you just gotta go!

Welcome!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
If you miss rush hour getting out of town, it should take you about 3.5-4 I think. It takes me 3 from Modesto but I don't have to wade through as much traffic as you do to get over to I-5.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
joereitman said:
Welcome dude- that 85 IT is a keeper. In the late 80's the 84-87 IT 200's were considered one of the best used bikes out there.

I thought '86 was the last year for the IT, at least here in the US. My wife rides an '86 IT200 (w/front disc brake). It's an excellent trail bike. I don't ever recall seeing an '87 though.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
We could hook up at Pozo on an upcoming Sunday, though with no more rain in the forseeable future I'd wait 'til next winter unless we get another front coming through soon; otherwise it's getting too dry/hardpacked/hot/dusty to make the drive worthwhile.

Be it as it will I'd suggest giving the Penguins a call (use the # on their web site) and be a volunteer course worker for the upcoming dual sport run; it's no longer an enduro due to all the hassle of use permits, land closures, etc., nonetheless a lot of fun, and they will let you ride your green-stickered bike on the ranches to get to your assigned work area, along with the chow at the BBQ.

Stay in touch via e-mail. millenniumdsj"remove to send"@hotmail.com

Top Bottom