glasssurfer

May 7, 2008
hey all ive got this RT 100 Yamaha and im having some issues. just took the carb appart today and gave it a good cleaning put it back together and the bike runs just as bad if not worse than before.

heres the problem.

once started ( with choke on ) and air fuel adjustment is set to a nice low idol, the bike usually takes off fine, but after a few hundred yards no0 power comes from the throttle, bogs down and stalls, sometimes can get started by jumping with choke on.

seems to me as there is no fuel getting to the carb after its burned all the fuel in the lines/carb it stalls because its run out of gas. but really theres gas int he tank its just not getting to the carb.

when bike sitting off with fuel on, fuel just pours out of the drain line coming from the float. with bubbles in the line. but after its stalls, no fuel leekage.

please help, im by myself on a rural island trying ot get this bike goin with not much help from my dog.

cheers

glasssurfer

May 7, 2008
it will idol nice all day long, and i can sit there and rev the throttle in N. but once i pop the clutch, nothing stalls, sounds like its ran out of gas, when u try and start it after a stall, seems like it takes a few kicks with the choke on, or roll a bit and letthe fuel fill up, i dont know...

is there a fuel filter in the tank? how do i access this? would there be a broblem on the actual switch switchign the gas on off and reserve?

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
It may be possible your not getting enough fuel, if i remember these had steel gas tanks that rusted pretty good.
There should be a plastic strainer in the tank, which can be removed by emptying the tank and taking off the 2 screws holding your fuel valve to the tank.
Also im not sure but is there a small bowl at the bottem of your fuel valve? it usually has a nut on it too unscrew it, and this catches a lot of rust.

glasssurfer

May 7, 2008
word buddy, time to burn up that gas, and take off that tank, bet its just mingin in there, cleaner up real goood.

what do you think of carb cleaner additives to the fuel? just a gimmic? it must help.... who knows?

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
I dont think theres a need once you clean the carb and stuff.
For storage i use that sta-bil stuff and have had good luck.
That strainer may need carb cleaner to get the varnish off it.

Top Bottom