HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I heard that the whole Racer X thing was because someone at Racer X saw RC taking some test laps on Windham's bike. And That he did not plan on switching to 4-stroke, this year anyway. Of course the injury kind of makes it a moot point.

Budda

May 24, 2000
Don't think the title will just be a cakewalk for Reed, there are quite a few incredible racers he has to beat before he can cash that championship check.

I can't imagine how hungry RC will be when he lines up for his first race back!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i hope someone has the asterisk ready to go on the end of this seasons 250SX champion since they wont have beaten the defending champeen. :silly: :think:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I believe the * is for the not winning any races and no final round, silly :confused:

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Now mabye Bubba will pull a "Langston" and go for the 250 SX title.
Yeah, I would bet my last dollar that if Bubba was in the series, he'd be big-time dissapointed about RC NOT being there. If you've been keeping-up... the kid WANTS to spank the best.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
How does that Tom Petty song go...the future was wide open.......yep take note everyone.....2004 SX is now officially wide open.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Amen 2smoke. :thumb:

And Okie, I still stand by my point, that none of us will see JBS on a 250 full-time until 2005. This 2004 250 SX title is between Reed, Vuillemen, and Windham. So it could finally be big Blue's turn for a #1 plate, which they desperately need. :aj:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
4 months for a torn ACL? :think:

Looks like Skippy should have a cake walk with Special K giving him a challenge. I just don't see Bubba as being a major threat right off the bat in 250's. It's a totally different world thatn the 125 class that he's been cleaning up in. Fast lap times? Sure, I doubt it's too difficult when the track is open in front of you and the guys you race are not as aggressive as The Rock, The Cobra, RC, et. al. Will he win? Sure but he's going to earn a few lumps learning the rops of the big boy class.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I think Carmichael should drop pack to the Stewart cherry picking class and we'll see some real racing............well......maybe not, JS will still smoke him.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Hmmm, just a thought, with the power and handling of the 250s being different, and like you say, he will need to learn the ropes, perhaps JS should ride the west 250 class on his 125. Learn the ropes with no real pressure to win. He is fast enough on the 125 he would most likly still podium a few races, and not have to worry about switching bikes to go back to the 125 East. Then next year he would only have to learn the new bike.

Last edited:

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
Anybody hear anything about RC switching to Answer Racing? There was an ad in Dirt Rider that said The Red Rider I Comming, or something like that, and it had a sillouette of a Honda rider (could tell it said honda on the skid plate). Could be a number of people, just seems like a bigger deal if RC did switch.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Hmmm, just a thought, with the power and handling of the 250s being different, and like you say, he will need to learn the ropes

I read a rag last year, I think MXRacer, where they spent a day at Bubba's house. No doubt Bubba knew he would be called on the 250 subject, because low and behold Kawasaki brought in some 250's. On his 'supposed' (probably was) first time out, he quadded and beat his 125 laptime record by 2 seconds.

If he decides to ride a 250 on the west coast, even if RC and Reed (had or will) be there, it'll be 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.....he's simply the best. Learn the ropes? Ha. He'll learn them before the first turn.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by super rat
I would be shocked if RC ever left FOX. Remeber the big stink with him not wearing the team gear when he was with PC?
He will go where the money is. Like him or not, he knows how to rake in the jingle.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
he's simply the best. Learn the ropes? Ha. He'll learn them before the first turn.

It's funny you say that. I just got my "The Great Outdoors SE" DVD in two days ago and he mentions the Hangtown Mud Race two seasons ago and how "everyone" expected him to do poorly because he "wasn't a mud rider" and had been beat recently by amateurs at a mud race. He said "every lap" he learned how to ride in the mud...he came off a bad start and still won the race with a huge lead! Now that's a STEEP learning curve!

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
He will go where the money is. Like him or not, he knows how to rake in the jingle.

I think you have your riders mixed up, you thinking of McGrath.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by super rat
I think you have your riders mixed up, you thinking of McGrath.
Uh, no. I know of whom I think of. Brand loyalty is for losers.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Wonered about the Answer ad myself, looks like the same picture Honda had in the RC CR championship ad. Wouldn't have thought that Answer had the $$ for RC, intriuging.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I think it's a bigger risk that Fox will lose JS than RC. There's too much marketing potential in JS going forward for too many reasons. And I've heard some crazy numbers that have been lobbed JS's way in the offseason.

I also remember McGrath saying in hindsight one of the biggest mistakes he made was leaving Fox. Said it was a very supportitve, almost family-like environment. Not sure of the dates but would be interesting to go back and see if there is any correlation between him leaving Fox and his race results.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
i wouldn't be suprised to see fox put RC in shift gear to promote that line since shift's parent company is fox.

Top Bottom