TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
ok, i know im not near as good as alot of you, but ive only had my bike about 2 months now, and about 1 month when i shot this in my front yard. please give some pointers to make my riding better and tell me what im doing wrong. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4s0iY3LpK2A&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4s0iY3LpK2A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
k, i will get on that, anything else?

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
get some boots before your destroy your ankle and/or shins. Also, if you have all that land at your disposal you might look into making a little figure 8, that way you can get good at cornering. jumping, as fun as it is doesn't mean nothin if your slow in the corners. but other than that you look like your having fun and learning fast. keep it up, and be safe :cool:

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
i got boots and gear thanks to thumbs! :) and i wear it, just not in that vid.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
landing ramp would help. And to ride fast i would work on cornering more than jumping.

Another stupid thing i noticed when you do a wheely you stand up then bend your knees, thats all find but you wont be able to ride it far. I think its easer to ride it if you keep your legs straight, and just bend at the waste, gives more control with the back brake and stuff.

Besides that your doing pretty good for only riding for 2 months.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
You've only been riding the 125 for about 2 months right? With the old xr I'm guessing that was your first bike that you rode for a little while.

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
yeah, but i hardly did anything on the xr75. my rm i ride all day everyday. and for the wheelies, i can hold them for quite a ways. on that vid no, but i can actually hold them well. i just get in the powerband to pull it up, and use the mid end to keep it up. and sometimes i just break behind the balance point and get back in at the last second using the brake, that is a good, dangerous way. thanks guys! :)
note: on the vid i had been riding 1 month, but now i have been riding a little more than 2

jasonent0613

Apr 20, 2008
you have a massive front yard, ive been trying to wheelie on my cr250 but im so frightened of fliping, i know you should be in powerband but when i get it up but just get scared and let it come down again, give me some tip like sit or stand and stuff.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
jasonent0613 said:
you have a massive front yard, ive been trying to wheelie on my cr250 but im so frightened of fliping, i know you should be in powerband but when i get it up but just get scared and let it come down again, give me some tip like sit or stand and stuff.

Personally i can do it better sitting down, but i takes a lot of practice. Keep your right foot ready to hit the back brake if you go to far back, and it will bring the front end down. Just keep trying.

This is hard to explain, because everyone learns different. But this is how i learned. First i just tried to get the wheel up in the air without trying to ride it. Trying to get higher and higher trying to find a point where it i high enough and i am comfortable. (which is hard, it will feel uncomfortable and like you are going to fall backwards.) but it takes practice, you are in control, keep your right foot ready in case you start going back. And be steady with your throttle. After this i tried to ride it which did turn into a problem. You can't do it in first gear, i kinda started to fall to the sides when i would try to ride it and i would "run out of gear" and top out and it would just fall(Once i tried to shift while doing a wheely but it didn't turn out good). So i moved up to second gear which was a little different but i thought it was easier. As soon as the power ban would hit i would get the front end up and just try and hold it there. steady on the throttle. And eventually (over time) i would be able to hold it there.

It take practice though. And time, don't expect to learn to ride a wheely forever in 20min. Give yourself a big area and the smoother the better. And keep practicing at your own pace.

And i have found the the faster i am going the easier it is to hold the front tire up. So maybe try 3rd gear.

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
i learned how to on a 2 stroke the second day i had it, you might try this just to get used to it. 1. give it a rev in 1st gear, right into the powerband 2. let your rpm's fall just enough so that when you pin it, you will be right back into the powerband. 3. shift all of your weight back hard! and pin it back into the powerband at the same time. thats what i do.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom