Opti-2 oil any good ?

scairns

Sep 19, 2002
Anyone run Opti-2 oil ?

How does it compare to MC-1 or Motul 800 ?

I was running Motul 800 at 50:1 in my IT200 and had excellent results, no fouling and nice plug reading. This weekend I could not get any Motul so I decided to try Opti-2 which resulted in 2 fouled plugs in a few hours. When fouled new plugs were wet and dark.

Could this be the oil or ???

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
We use to use it at work but we ran it at 75:1, it is actually meant to be run at 100:1,I'm not sure but I recall that it somehow treats the metal and this is how they can run it so lean,I was told by the distributer that you can break in and run the engine only on this mixture but if you were to use another brand of oil at say 50:1 you cannot return to the optimal at 100:1 ,the treatment of the metal is now removed and will not adhere to the internal parts again,I noticed the engines switched back and forth would now run extremely hot,usually melting plastic cooling covers.
What mixture were you running the opti-2 at ?, I use to run it in a yz at 50:1 also and had no problem with it but it required some rejetting to get it to work well.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Bought bike new used kaw-oil at 32 and 40 to one ratio fouled plugs every 17 to 22 miles. Rejetted 155 main 45 pilot tried new oil golden spector at 50 to one same problem. Then I met a crazy man at starship Interprize in my home town. Told him the story and he gave me a sample pack to try. I was a little leary of this product never heard of this stuff. So I called the company told him everything and since the bike had only 2 tanks run he asured me if it locks up or blows up the company would replace the engine. So I gave it a try, no more fouled plugs, I have about 65 harescrambles, and a zillion trail miles and the top end has not been replace it still is pushing 142 psi It,s the best thing I ever done, Hopes this helps your ?

scairns

Sep 19, 2002
Dixie

So you are running Opti-2 at 50:1 ?

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
No not 50 but 100 to 1. A 12 oz. bottle does 10 gal of gas ,I buy it by the gal it is cheaper $45 dallors, makes a 100 gal of gas, use the 12 oz bottle for mesureing how many gallon you need. At 100 to one ratio . Bike is a 95 200 and my jetteing is 40 pilot air screw at 3/4 to 1 turn out and 150 main needle in middle notch.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Sorry, the first jet settings, was for stock bike. __NO mods_, The new settings were done in 96, Pipe-torque ring-sliencer-boyesen reeds-and a few others, I hope this helps, Its a very good oil I even use it in my weed eater, chain saw and boat motor, leaf blower and when the bike sits for more than 3 weeks I dump it in my pick up truck.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…