TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
congrads, i seen her at harrison at the end and she fell and took quite a few kicks to get it started. the button would be so much easier.

you could always get her one of these if she wants more power and a magic button.
left.jpg

crf150r with the crf250x engine. they start at only $7999 :yikes:

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Congrads Erin. The magic button sounds like the way to go. Those XR's do not like to start after they tip over. I have been there many times kicking away and nothing happens. I would like a magic button as well.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
Who in their right mind would want a Honda????????????????????????

HEY DW, IF YOU ARE SOOO000 PROUD OF YOUR ORANGE PUMPKIN WHY DO YOU CHANGE THE COLOR EVERY YEAR :coocoo: WE KNOW IT IS A SEA OF ORANGE IN THE ENDURO WORLD, AND KATOOM'S ARE AWESOME BIKES, BUT US RED AND BLUE RIDERS CHOOSE TO GO AGAINST THE GRAIN :nener:

DAVE.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I'm the last guy for being brand loyal! I HATE ORANGE ~ Thats why my KTMs aRE dIFfEreNT cOLorEs..Nothing funnier than going on KTMTalk.com and 50 guys are posting pictures of their new bikes ~ LMAO ~ ALL BLACK AND ORANGE.....Like nobodys see a orange & black bike before with EE stuff plastered all over them...Go figure.... :rotfl:

Now you Honda guys all have thin skin...Makes for easy catch when fishing. ;)

PS. I might be on blue next year :think:

DW

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
To my knowledge there are no major dirtbike mfgs in Australia

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
woodsracer369 said:
To my knowledge there are no major dirtbike mfgs in Australia

Wrongo mate......that's where KTM's come from. That's where "The Sound of Music" was filmed too............right? :coocoo:

G'day mate!

;)

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Austria

If you check wrightreports.ecnext.com and check the company profile report section you will find that the orange bike is manufactured in Austria not Australia. The company name in the profile is KTM Power Sports AG. Now maybe I'm missing the joke but "Sound of Music" was produced at one point in Australia but it was not the first production. So being that KTM is manufactured in Austria not Australia, no jokes are applicable that relate to "Sound of Music"..... ;)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
So just how is it that you got your name, Slowone? ;)

.... I won't even address the fact that you know waaaay more about "The Sound of Music" than a heterosexual man should... :ohmy:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
BadgerMan said:
Wrongo mate......that's where KTM's come from. That's where "The Sound of Music" was filmed too............right? :coocoo:

G'day mate!

;)

Nope, KTM's are from Austria, kinda sounds like Australia, but different places. Crockidile Dundee put them on the map.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Actually I don't know jack chit about "Sound of Music"! I figured since BadgerMan had some wires crossed on KTM he might have some wires crossed on "Sound of Music". Did some quick research on "sound of music" and learned that he was close about the production of that "piece" but not quite on the plate.

Now the name, to answer another question. I started being a smart azz on here about the time I started riding again. I was (still am, but progressing) so slow, and out of shape that I was loathing my riding abilities. In comparing myself to my brother I dubbed myself the slowone. I'm hoping to be able to change my dirtrider.net name someday but I've gotta meet some goals before I'll change it. Kind of like an enduro, don't meet the challenge, not gonna be rewarded.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
:rotfl:

I know Tim was joking , not so sure about Tom- :coocoo:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
slowone said:
I figured since BadgerMan had some wires crossed on KTM he might have some wires crossed on "Sound of Music".

Pulease!

I happen to own three KTM’s and I am married to a world renown expert on the Sound of Music.

All you would have to do is watch the movie one time to know that the Van Tramp family escaped over the mountains at the end of the movie. They were fleeing the Russians during WWI by leaving Australia, over the mountains into Sweden. The movie starred Julie Anderson and was filmed in Salisbury, Australia. The same town became famous in modern times for their frozen steak (a.k.a."TV") dinners.

Some people............ya gotta 'splain everything ;)

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
BadgerMan said:
Pulease!

They were fleeing the Russians during WWI by leaving Australia, over the mountains into Sweden. The movie starred Julie Anderson and was filmed in Salisbury, Australia. The same town became famous in modern times for their frozen steak (a.k.a."TV") dinners.

WOW!!!!! Plate tectonics must have move the continents around in my lifetime. That explains it all.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Now I read your last post after I posted the sneaking suspicion post BadgerMan. You some kind of wise guy or what? ;) You sure as heck made a good joke out of that debacle.........

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
slowone said:
Now I read your last post after I posted the sneaking suspicion post BadgerMan. You some kind of wise guy or what? ;) You sure as heck made a good joke out of that debacle.........

Joking aside, I deal with the Austra/Austri issue regularly as we export aircraft parts to both countries and it is very easy to insert the wrong “country of destination” on the cert paperwork.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Meanwhile back at the Ranch...not in Austrailia - getting new bikes from another manufacturer are costly as accessories won't fit. Remember this thread started about Erins new TTR. :coocoo:

So far I've had to buy:
new trail tech
new trail tech mount
new handlebars
new triple clamp to fit new handlebars
new grips
new fork brace
2 new tires Michelin MS2's-
New FMF pipe used from salgeek
jetting kit
new air filter-used from salgeek
maybe a new chain guide
maybe a new tugger strap

at least I can use the new handguards she won last year and we never used :cool:

And this is a brand new bike outta the crate!

Plus she wants some cool PG Graphics for it too and number plat eback grounds- so she needs an AMA card to get numbers and race harescrambles next year-and she can buy her own damn graphics! godda draw the line some where. :laugh:

OK, you can talk about the sound of music again-my wife can tell you any thing you want to know-we have 3 copies of the movie!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
slowone said:
Three copies? What'd ya do Fred, wear the first two out?

Good luck with the new bike by the way.

I've never watched it but she bought 2 DVD's by mistake and she has a VHS tape also.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred T said:
I've never watched it but she bought 2 DVD's by mistake and she has a VHS tape also.

I find the film to be very helpful should I happen to drink too much coffee too late in the day.

Bruce Brown has nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom