OldRM

Jan 19, 2005
I race a 2002 RM 250 in Hare Scrambles throughout New England. I am looking to add a bigger tank to eliminate or reduce the need to pit for fuel. Any opinions on what tank works best and why?

Thanks a million.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
IMS has one that retails for about $240. My last purchase was the 3.4 gallon Clarke tank that I find in no way inferior.......$165.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Both Clarke & IMS have dry break options.
Both Clarke & Acrebis fit well.
Clarkes are normally under $200.00

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
OldRM said:
I see that Acerbis has one as well. Does the 3.4 gallon impede your riding at all?

The Clarke is slim, and doesn't impede the "feel" at all. The IMS is a good tank too, but with only one under-tank-mount......it depends too much on the strength of the shrouds to stay stable......always left me "wondering." Acerbis is TOUGH based on my experience, had a KX that carried the extra fuel in the shrouds, bent "the shrouds" all the way back to the seat once........no white marks, no leaks, those Italians make good stuff!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
placelast said:
Tew-stroke: does the Clark have a high peak (Nutcracker) at the filler or is it flat like stock?

It is rather "volcano-ish", but you'de have to almost be seated on the tripple clamp to feel it........never an issue for me.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
I put a Clarke on one of my KX250's and never looked back. I like it a lot. I also got their Billet cap option for $40 and added an Acrebis petcock for the reserve feature. :)

Top Bottom