• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Decision is made to go Oversized... now vote for the brand/model. The two in the poll were mentioned.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Do both come in black?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
nikki said:
Do both come in black?

I assume IMS Natural means it's one of those ugly see through tanks, hence my vote for the Clarke. Is this the case or bad assumption on my part?

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Who cares what it looks Like. The only thing that matters when it comes to gas tanks is how much is in it!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If they are both oversized (which serves the "more gas" purpose), and one comes in black, and the other in the ugly clear/nude like color, I vote for the black one. The bike's gotta look good in photos ;)

B

biglou

It's been a few years, but I was much more impressed with the quality and fitment of Clarke over IMS.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Looks schmooks! I want to see how much gas is in the tank - the AF looks ga ga cool with a see through tank anyway.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I guess this is why I'm not a woods rider. I actually open my gas cap and look in the tank to check my fuel. :moon:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
KiwiBird said:
Looks schmooks! I want to see how much gas is in the tank - the AF looks ga ga cool with a see through tank anyway.

Ditto. Besides that is what is on my XR650R.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
cnielse5 said:
Who cares what it looks Like. The only thing that matters when it comes to gas tanks is how much is in it!

:nod:

KiwiBird said:

:nod:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
hes probably not reading this but there are some woods riders who do have clear tanks and acknowledge that there isnt much gas in the tank but head out on the trail anyway thinking that reserve is going to carry them for 40 miles. yes justin im talking about you!!!! that is justql for the rest of you.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I like to "see" my gas level, but for some reason I want to see a black tank on this bike. Clarke.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
nikki said:
I guess this is why I'm not a woods rider. I actually open my gas cap and look in the tank to check my fuel. :moon:
And there are no pit stops in MX so what you start with is all you got to finish with.
See thru tank whichever one fits best is my vote.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I like to see my level, and this is an off road bike and not an MX bike, so natural gets my vote. But the shape of the tank and capacity needs to be considered as well. I have no idea what the shapes of these tanks are but I had a YZ250WR with the 4 gallon tank and I'll tell ya what, that was a big pile of $#&* to try to crawl over in the turns. So I guess my input is slim with an eye towards capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom