Pacific NW/Southeast BC riding spots?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hey all, does anybody know of some good trail riding spots in the kootenays/eastern washington/idaho panhandle that are open right now? I want to go riding bad, but the snow is taking its time melting.

FireDawg75

Jan 10, 2002
North Central WA

Too much snow right now, but if you can make a ride in the Summer months, the Sawtooth Backcountry in the Okanogan/Wenatchee National Forests(North of Lake Chelan near Twisp and Winthrop) is some really spectacular riding. A place open right now would be the the Moses Lake Sand Dunes in Moses Lake WA. Look at the following link: http://www.nmaoffroad.org/

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Speedy,
The snow line might be high enough you could ride around Colville?
If not it would take you about 2.5 hours to drive to 7 mile.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Lake Gillette is still snowed in. I don't know where any riding areas are in the US. I don't know if I'm legal or anything. Up here you don't need any permits or anything to ride, dealer is US said that all I need is proof of Canadian Citizenship to ride in US. Help!!

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
you need a orv permit and spark arrester on most trails...even though they(cops/rangers, if you run into one) usually don't check. to ride forest service roads at all you need to be street legal.

PHenry

Apr 20, 2002
You need to be street legal to ride fire service roads????

So when I go to Walker Valley and ride to the top of the North Trail, am I really not allowed to cruise down the fire road to some other trail to return to the parking lot? If this is really the case, it seems ridiculous. Is there a source for the do's/don't's of off road riding?

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
its an interesting argument, but yes and no... let me explain the best i've been told... or at least i'll try to
if you're on 'National Forest' service roads, yes you need a plate. tecnically on state DNR roads you sould be but they don't get picky about it... but if it is a logging road, no, you don't have to be street legal in either case ... just know what you're on top of & you should know if you're okay...

i've never ridden walker, so i'm not sure if you're supposed to be street legal on that particular road... it's state DNR land, so you're probly OK.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom