ANGIE

May 29, 2001
Ok first things first no laughing! I have put a paddle tire on my 01 XR100 with a larger rear sprockett (51). The guy who mounted the tire didn't put a rim lock on it. My original rear wheel has a rim lock but the new rear wheel didn't come with one. My question is should I put one on? And secondly just out of curiousity everyone is worrying if the bike can handle the paddle tire I think it should be fine but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I don't think an XR100 is capable of riding in the dunes. I mean honestly 125 bikes have a problem with burning pistons etc.....

Since your bike is air cooled I don't think you will build the speed to cool it properly :(

ANGIE

May 29, 2001
That is correct, GA. Albany to be exact. I have already taken it out there once back in June. Boy was that hot. It has rained the night before so early on I didn't have much trouble , but as the day wore on man oh man. That stuff was like riding on sugar. I just really don't think it would that hard on the bike. I mean the most a human can stand the heat is about an hour. What I meant was as far as turning the paddle tire. Alot of people have speculated on the abuse of having to turn the paddles. Its only a six paddle tire.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Again, to answer your question, YES you will need a rim lock.

I think that your bike will get you moving, but if you weigh over 90 lbs, it will have alot of trouble.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom