tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
Well I was in the huky shop drooling over a new WR 360. I asked the Owner if I could hop on and feel the ergos. So I hop on and OWWWW! Darn that seat is hard (felt 2x4s that had more cushion). If I wanted a hard seat I can ride my bicycle. Are all Euro bikes this hard on the bottom?

How do you ride for 50 -75 miles on these seats. I do sit occasionally when I ride.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Buy aftermarket foam or pull the stock off and drill some holes about 1.5" - 2" deep from the bottom.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
You do one of 3 things. Wear padded bicycle shorts, get softer seat foam, or don't sit much. I do the don't sit much thing. KTM's are just as hard.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I had a kdx before I got my husky, and I felt the same way at first. I'm not sure if the seat got softer (not likely) or I just got used to it, but now I think it's great, and I'm glad I never changed it.

idahodirt

Dec 25, 2001
I just came off an XR600, the big red heavy couch on wheels. I'm on a KTM520 e/xc now and am surprised how you get used to the hard seat very fast. At first it felt like a 2 x 4, sideways, but your butt forms to it rather quickly. I haven't done any 60-80 mile rides yet but I think it will be just fine. ( I took nearly 60 pounds off my tush this fall so I know it isn't "natural" padding that made the difference.)

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I believe the Husky seat has a rectangular styrofoam block under the foam. Mine did! I put aftermarket foam on it. Big improvement.

Chris

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
Thanks for the replies!

After coming off of a Japanese couch I was very surprised at the difference in the seat. I still love the KTMs and Huskies but they are different. I am also amazed at how narrow the top of the bikes are now. I can see how here is a lot more room to move.

Idahodirt, I wish that I would have taken advantage of the Idaho trails when I lived in Boise and Moscow. I would have liked to check out the trails around Idaho City and the Sawtooth NRA. Many trails in Moscow area as well.
May the snow melt soon for us all!!!!!

Top Bottom