Paragon II

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
OK, Heres the poop!!

The contact person at Red Ridge Lake Campground is Joyce. She is wheelchair bound and always there. Identify yourself as part of the DRN group. She knows who we are and where to put us.
The cost is $10 per night/per person. For those of you who made the last ride at Paragon, we are in the same area to camp as last time but we can move if we want to.
The contact name at Paragon is Kyle if you need anything. He did express some concerns about the bikes to me the last ride. They are simple. Paragon is Very dusty when it is dry. If you come up on other riders or drivers, SLOW DOWN and be courteous! Dont dust them out just a you would not like to be dusted. The other concern is the ripping around the parking area. I was guilty of this so dont feel bad. Keep it in first gear, no wheelies or burnouts. Rocks may be hitting other peoples trucks. Thats it. Simple.

IS IT THE 22nd yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY

Oops, I guess Im guilty of that. Doh. :eek: :moon:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Trigger1911
The other concern is the ripping around the parking area. I was guilty of this so dont feel bad. Keep it in first gear, no wheelies or burnouts. Rocks may be hitting other peoples trucks.
That is simple trail etiquette. Anyone caught doing otherwise should be forced to ride Papakeith's '84 CR500 on tight, twisty, rocky, nasty trails for eternity. Of course, in my experience, it's always quad riders that enjoy turning donuts and throwing rocks in the parking area.

As for the dust, is anyone in our group still fair game? :p

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
I will talk to my GasGas, but sometimes she has a mind of her own! :moon: I promise to behave, for most of the time...... :debil:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Ok,

The time has come to Wuss out. I don't think I'm making this one, although I will definetely miss seeing you guys and being a part of it. (I REALLY need some camping Badly)

I'm in the middle of busting my hump to make a 30 yr old neglected house liveable so I can move in and save rent, to boot, I just broke my kickstarter and am waiting on a new one. As those of you who have been there know, Paragon is not an ideal place to ride without a kickstarter <--(somewhat feeble excuse). I barely get enough riding time in now w/ the current conditions, so I will most likely pass. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG. (at least my wife is happy)

Have a Safe and Happy Trip. Come Home in One Piece!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Joe Chief

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Joe, That sucks big time. I have an extra kickstarter...wait, it's broke too. :( Sorry to hear it let loose just before the ride this weekend. Oh well, better at home than deep in the back country...with WoodsRider :p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
Oh well, better at home than deep in the back country...with WoodsRider :p
:|
Dave - Sunday afternoon, when you're lying on that gurney in the ER, think back to the above comment.

---Woods

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
uh oh what did I get myself into ? I have this impending feeling of doom of being hopelessly lost out in the middle of nowhere witha broken bike . and far off into the distance I can hear a maniacal laugh of a Woods Rider. heheh should I bring a big ball of string and tie it to the bumper of my truck?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The weather's looking good for the weekend. Man, I'm getting so excited that my bowels are working overtime:eek:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I'm in the middle of busting my hump to make a 30 yr old neglected house liveable so I can move in and save rent, to boot, I just broke my kickstarter

just outta curiousity how the heck did you break your kickstarter working on the house? :think:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by jmics19067

just outta curiousity how the heck did you break your kickstarter working on the house? :think:
Suzuki's are powerful all purpose machines that can be put to use in a variety of applications. Try doing that with a GasGas, Woods:p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999

Suzuki's are powerful all purpose machines that can be put to use in a variety of applications. Try doing that with a GasGas, Woods:p
Yeah they make for perfect traction in the corners... or was that your face? :scream:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Man, I'm getting so excited that my bowels are working overtime:eek:
TMI

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I had a question from a couple of non-DRN friends who are thinking of coming along: Does Paragon Mgmt. have any special requirements for plated bikes, insurance and/or any special equipment?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by BRush
Does Paragon Mgmt. have any special requirements for plated bikes, insurance and/or any special equipment?
Well, I figure RM_guy, Papakeith and Tigger have all ridden there at least twice and none of them have a plated bike and/or insurance. As far as I know, it's not required. Call Paragon if you're still unsure.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
www.paragonap.com

they can tell you all you need it is an offroad vehicle park and most of it if not all of it is private land so no registration is recquired only cash to get in and signing a waiver stating you resbonsibilties for your actions would be appropiate. respect is a key feature here no trash, no roosting of others <unless they are in your group and they deserve it :p > and no dust in parking / camping ares and all should go smooth

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragon has no requirements for plates, registration or insurance on dirt bikes. You just need to sign the waiver when you get there.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000

Suzuki's are powerful all purpose machines that can be put to use in a variety of applications.
1) They’re a great place to hang the garden hose
2) They double as a spare gas can for the weed whacker
3) If you get some one to push you (actually you might need two people they are kind of heavy) you can ride one like a dirt bike
4) You can use one for a chair when you’re sitting out in the garage drinking a beer while you friends are out riding their bikes that run. If you’re like Elk and have two you can use one for an ottoman.
5) Can’t think of much else

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Didn't Suzuki manufacture the Samurai?

Those were great for rolling down the street in. :scream:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
heheh reminds me of a conversation I was having with my buddies

I was waxing philosophical about how honda makes cars race cars gas powered tools and equipment so you know that whatever they make is going to be of good quality kawasakis have there heavy equipment stuff so although maybe a little bit rough you know they will get the job done suzuki make s the samaria and yamaha makes musical instruments??!?!?

then my one buddy quickly retorted yahe but I would mauch rather try and learn to play a yamaha piano thne drive a samaria down the street

just cant argue that :aj:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Good point!

Looking forward to riding with you this weekend.

---Woods

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…