njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Anyone planning on riding at Paragon on Sat the 20th.

I'm trying to free up the day, but most of my riding buddies can't make it and I'm itching to get out for a ride.

Nick

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
20th sounds good for now as long as the weather holds up. If so it will be at least 2 of us, maybe 6 if my neighbors go. Lets see what happens

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I may make it. Not sure but Ill throw my hat in as a possible. What do you guys like to ride? Im up for some single track work outs.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Only been there once so i really dont know much of the terrain. I hit the single track for a little then had to cut out do to not having enough gas. I'm down for it tho when time comes but would still like to take a scenic route and hit as many trails as possible not caring about the difficulty.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I've only been there once too, so I haven't seen the whole place yet, heck I didn't even get to see the mne yet.

so far what I have ridden has been fun.

Nick

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
I tell you what, if you guys want to ride some sweet single track, I'll show you around Tower City on Saturday the 20th or Sunday the 21st :cool: . Tower City is only about 1/2 hour south of Paragon and has a wide variety of riding and I know some of the sweetest single track. I'm an officer at the Tower City club, so getting in won't be a problem. Let me know what you think. Either reply to this post or send me an email at williards@adelphia.net

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'd like to check out TC sometime, thanks for the offer. I doubt I'll be out again this year but I'm game for next season.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
It looks like there is a 30% chance of rain for this ride. Just want to see if people will still go. I know its a few days away and the weather can change but if theres a lil rain and there is still a few riders me and my buddy will make it.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I'm going to play it by ear. I'll log in tomorrow night and post if I'm going. RIght now weather channel is at 60% chance, but I can't tell you how hany times they've been completely wrong on the weekend forecast when I looked on a Thurs night before a trip.

Nick

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
well i'm calling off for me and my buddy cause of the weather, we're going next weekend for sure if it doesn't rain, if interested let me know

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
We haven't made the decision yet. I'll do it in the morning. RIght now the hour by hours shows a 50% chances of showers. So I'm leaning towards going especailly if it drops below 50%.
It's been so long since I've ridden I almost don't care if it rains, drizzle is ok, dowpours suck..

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Well, my one buddy was going with his kid and his kid woke up Sunday morning sick, so he bailed. My other buddy and me really wanted to ride, but I didn't want to drive all the way there and have it downpour.
So we decided to ride out of my house. We both ride plated Drz's with baja design lighting kits on them.

We just did some dualsporting and avoided a couple places as I found out it was opening day of hunting with muzzle loaders. It started drizzling while we were gettng dressed then a few minutes after we pulled out of the driveway, it stopped. We rode a bit on some rail bed and blacktop. One road in paticular that I use is a public dirt road, kind of like a new england class IV road, but now the one end is posted as someone's private driveway. I don't know how you can post a road as your driveway, so I went through anyway and luckily the other end had an open gate.After a couple more hunter detours, we hopped on some more blacktop and decided to stop off at a buddies house to see how work was going on his truck and his mom cooked us breakfast. At this point it was really raining and my gloves started to get wet and the rain on teh face hurt at 50mpg. Probably spent an hour there, then headed off to a little spot I have not been to in a couple years, it's single track and roads. Last years storms did a number on it, but someone has been in cleaning it up. We messed around in the woods for a couple of hours, it poured rain too, but in the woods it wasn't too bad. Then we headed out, stopped for lunch and gas and rode about a half hour of blacktop back. Luckily it stopped raining for the ride back, but it was a bit chilly on the wet hands. I was even on my second pair of gloves. Next time I'll take my neoprene kayaking gloves with me.
Anyway, I'm glad I went.

I'm hoping to hit paragon in early december if there's not too much snow.

I don't really mind riding in winter as long as it's above the single digits and I can stick to single track riding, the single track riding keeps you warm. It's the open riding that sucks.

Nick

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
the single track riding keeps you warm. It's the open riding that sucks.

You got that right. It poured here most of saturday but sunday turned out nice other than it was colder. I went riding sunday locally and had a blast. Mostly because i hadnt been on the bike since Halloween. Boy the trails sure were slick with all the rain. Made for a fun day of trying to stay upright. There was several turns that i did a complet 180 on stalling the bike cause i tried to take it too fast and the rear gave out. :)

Top Bottom