mconnell

Dec 1, 2002
I have always done my own suspension, including shocks and have most of the special tools and nitrogen. I'd like to rebuild my 2001 KTM shock, but would like some procedures. Can anyone out there provide this? I tried to do a search, but I'm not having any luck.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I want to help but the instructions are beyond my energy levels-advice i can give is in 99 all new bikes come with a pds manual-beg borrow or steal one from friends or local dealers-some one must have one as they came with every bike.

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
You can get an exploded view of the '02 shock at motofiches.com. John Curea was kind enough to describe the procedure in a recent post over at ktmtalk.

mconnell

Dec 1, 2002
Dave-thanks. I found John's procedure. But, I could find nothing on the motofiches site for the shock. The only thing I found was the overall view of the shock. Am I looking in the wrong place?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The 01(compared to the 00) had a different bleed on the rebound side-more like a KYB or showa.The 02 is a similar shock with all bits modified in some way.eg dual comp adjuster, new pistons.

Top Bottom