Perf gains of port/polish/big bore?

AaronRM

May 22, 2005
I have heard alot about these guys on this site, Eric and Rich, so i thought i would ask this in their forum. I have a 1992 RM250 im setting up for drag racing. What can these guys do to this bike? I need a port/polish for top end power..are these the guys to send it to? Also, can these guys make a custom big bore kit for my bike? Thanks!

rmxtwofitty

May 26, 2004
"I have a 1992 RM250 im setting up for drag racing"
Send your cylinder to Eric and tell him what you want your motor to do, what altitude your at, and if you are considering running race gas . He will set you up right. You can bore your cylinder and have it replated, but you would lose over-rev with the bigger piston. Good luck

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
buster, the 91 KX80 can be bored to 107.2 and when combined with porting it will out-run a 03 KX100. My sister raced a KX80BW with the above modds in the D-7 harescramble series and won every race she finished (dnf'd once) and even won the overall championship. In a couple of the races there were not many in the womens class, so they started them with the 200 C class riders. She pulled the holeshot against several MX 125's KTM200's and of course KDX200's. Her motor work was done by RPM and we were very happy with their work, however I don't think they are doing 2-strokes any more. You might try contacting Fowardmotion and the other big bore shops.

good luck

corty

Jun 2, 2005
Iv just added fmf fatty sytem and not only does it increase power it smooths it out, in a way it makes so much safer to ride. I recomend ro any one to save up and by a pipe sytem , money worth spent.

Top Bottom