Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
I may be heading to Phelan Sat., and I have a question in regards to where is the best place to park ? Last time I was there I followed some guys to the meeting/parking area so I'm not sure where to go. I'll be coming down the 138 from Palmdale. Also, I assume sparkies are required, and day parking permits ? Where can you pick the parking permit ?

Let me know if anyone wants to join in, or if anyone is headed somewhere else out in the dez.

THANKS !

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
The staging area is at the 138/15 Junction. (This is the legal staging area.) As you cross the freeway and come to the stop sign look to your left just immediately past the N/B onramp and you'll see a dirt road that runs north parallel to the onramp. This road takes you to the staging area. You'll need an Adventure pass to park here. These are available at either the 76 station you'll pass on your left just before the freeway, or the Chevron station just beyond the stop sign by the staging area. A one day pass is $5.00. Sparkies and green stickers are required. The trails should be very good with all of the rain and snow the ridges have seen recently, although things are already drying out from all the warm weather the last few days. Temps have been in the high 80's, but a light jacket is suggested due to the wind chill factor as the local nearby mountains are still covered in snow.
The road from the staging area will take you under the freeway and up to the first ridge where you'll want to hang a left. Following this trail along the ridge tops (or the fire road) will eventually lead you to the monster sandhill. Enjoy!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
As of Wed. the conditions were great. Just be extremely careful..a few of trails have huge washouts running down the middle. Things are pretty good about 2/3 of the way to the sand hill. Do you remember the hill with the blocks in it for traction? Things start getting a little jacked up on the east side of that hill. I actually had the most fun on those washed out trails. I think it was one of the best times I have ever had at the ridges.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Almost forgot..... I would recommend going around the side and checking out the sand hill before coming down it. There are quite a few ditches carved out from the rain.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Just got back from riding Stoddard/Hodge Road area. Man that had to be the best conditions for riding I have ever experienced. Little or no dust weather was cool. Trails were in decent shape except for the real rocky areas, what else could a person want in life.

Top Bottom