ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Phelan-Sat. 11/3

Was planning to go to Phelan this coming Saturday with a couple local boys and thought I'd see if any DRNers would like to join us.
We got a nice, steady drizzle all day today. I hope it rains all night too!
We plan to be there (Wilson Ranch Rd.) between 9-10:00 a.m.
Since the weather has cooled, we decided to sleep in and make a day of it.

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Planning to go to Phelan

Victorville huh? When you say Wilson Ranch Rd, is that before Sheep Creek and is that the riding trails that head toward Wrightwood? Im always looking for somewhere new to ride. Especially since I dont live that far from there.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Wilson Ranch Rd. is about 1 mile (I'm guessing) east of Sheep Creek Rd. off of Phelan Rd. If you're coming off of 138, it's a right on Sheep Creek, then a right on Phelan Rd. About 1-1 1/2 miles down you make a right on Wilson Ranch Rd. You'll pass a school district bus area on your right, and you'll keep going down a dirt road, cross through a small ravine, up over a little hill, and you'll be at the staging area.
There's a natural terrain MX track at the staging area, and you are within a mile of green sticker legal single track that will take you up on top of the ridges that run next to 138 between Phelan and the 15 freeway.
We should be there between 9-10. White Explorer and trailer, KTM and YZ426.
It rained most of the day yesterday, and most of last night, and it looked like Phelan was getting hit again today, so the monster sand hill should be very do-able right now.
Hope to see you there-the more the merrier. I'll watch for your posts if you have any other questions, or PM me.:D

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
What are you on monthly savings time ? I think you mean 11/3.

Don't think I can make it on Saturday - got plans to do my top end with the ever so generous Placelast. Bummed to miss the ride.

You should come out to our enduro on the 11th - the 4th annual Wicked Bird.

November 10th & 11th
TWMC Outing - 4th annual Wicked Bird Enduro, Cougar Buttes (near Lucerne Valley).

Directions:

Take I-15 North to Bear Valley Cutoff exit (22 miles). Turn right and head through Lucerne Valley to Camp Rock Road (30 miles). You will connect with HWY 18, which will then turn into HWY 247 at Lucerne Valley. Approximately 6 miles past Lucerne Valley, look for Camp Rock Road. Turn left on Camp Rock road and follow the TWMC arrows to camp. About 3 miles up Camp Rock Road you will turn right and go about another 4 miles on a dirt road to camp at Cougar Buttes.

Adult races on Sunday the 11th ...

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Eel-thanks for pointing out my error; I went back and changed it to the correct date.
The enduro sounds very enticing-I'll keep it in mind. At the very least, I may come spectate.:)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Yes, 'boy: come on out & watch me roost myself. :o I showed Eel how to do it all by my lonesome :eek:

Heck, we'd be right up the road from ya in >2 weeks; surely you'd be home just after noon, if the wife needs to know. There's room to work a check or two if yer not ready to enter just yet.

Eeler: chk PM. Got parts? Don't feel obligated to do the top end if ya want to join in w/'boy; we've got Thanksgiving w/e too.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sorry guys, I have to pass this time, family weekend. Hopefully next week some time would be better, I'll have to see.

Sorrowful Elk!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Guys. Please check out KTMrad's post in the General Discussions forum about 'Rally against the CBD in Idylwild.' There have been many land closures that may affect your ride. If we don't start going to these events, there will be nowhere for us to ride.:mad:

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Sat. Wayne is helping me get my computer set up on the new bike but after that im up for a ride maybe grab the trailer from mojave sat afternoon and go to dove or jawbone,or even go out to cougar buttes on sun and help with the course. Brett

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Placelast - I'm gonna skip the top end job this weekend and go ride instead. Hope you don't mind ? I actually don't have the base gasket and I'm pretty sure I'd be short a few other necessities as well. We'll have to put it off ... plus I ordered a new Pro Circuit head pipe and throttle cable so maybe we can knock it all out in one shot ... top end, throttle clip position, pipe.

So - I'll show at Phelan on Saturday.

Brett - I might be up for Sunday. Drop me a line ..

Last edited:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
:( Another drill weekend. Bummer. Really wish I could since I just installed the pumper carb yesterday but alas, duty calls. Looking forward to next time.

Have a great ride!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
CPT Jack - how long is it gonna take for the ARMY to realize they should invest in developing your riding skills ? See you next weekend .... :D

Top Bottom