KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Lets all have a moment of silence for BlueThunder's big toe!! He has already or will in the near future loose this toe. PLEASE DO NOT VIEW LINK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH!!!

OUCH!!<-----Click:scream:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
WHOA!!!

There goes my Slim Fast Bar and Budwieser breakfast. How did that happen and why did it get so nasty?

My sympathy to the owner, hope everything is ok in the end.

B

biglou

Who did this terrible thing to you?

Seriously, I'm taking J to the hospital (behind my house, coincidentally) to let the doc have one last look at it and to set up the appointment to get'er whacked off. I offered to do it for cheap but he refused. At least he'll be close by when he goes under the knife. Maybe I can sneak some MX videos over to him whilst he's convalescing.

John K

Feb 22, 2000
Whoa, that looks fairly ordinary! Having a big toe amputated can cause some pretty serious balance issues, any chance it can be "patched up" ?

B

biglou

Had to trim this down to get it to fit. Here is the fastest woods guy I know in all of his glory, on an MX TRACK!!:eek:

We need ya to heal up quick so you can go back to "takin' us to school" every time we ride!

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Gotta love that pic, and just think I can see it close up any time I wanna!! Lou and I are heading to the orthopedic doc today but I am hoping he stays with the conservative attitude he has displayed up to this point..now almost 4weeks to the day of the crash. The doc has discussed taking me under the knife to remove the black areas(dead tissue) and see if any good tissue still remains underneath. The issue of total removal has been covered also but that would happen if infection were to set in...so far it hasn't because I have been taking almost straight peneciline(spelling?). We shall see..the bones are healing great it is just the skin that is the biggest worry. Either way I look forward to being back on the bike and riding w/my buds. Take care to all and enjoy the gross photos!!;)

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Blue Thunder,

Hopefully you're able to fully recover. Damn that's a gross picture. The toe not the kick a** jump. That looks like a fun track. I'm originally from Missouri. A little town near Columbia called Glasgow. What a great place to ride. Not as many places like that out here in California.

Anyway just wanted to say hello to a fellow Missourian and send a get well soon.

Aust 520exc

Jun 19, 2001
Blue Thunder, that is total sickness, I've seen enough to know how glad I am that it is not attached to me!!!:scream: :scream:

Cool pic, had I seen that straight after a big meal and not at midnight my reaction may have been completely different.

Good luck with the healing process, and have a look around for steel cap MX boots :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm not looking! :scream:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Wow, that's very impressive, how the blue in your toe matches your bike! (and your name!) :scream:

Kids, don't try this at home! :o

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Thanks to all...I know its gross, my wife is very squemish and cannot even look at it, all the while my 2yr old daughter wants to give it a healing kiss every time I change the bandages! Too funny.
Hey Aust, regarding the steel plate..I emailed Alpinestars boots regarding building an offroader specific boot that was lined on the top side w/a steel plate to remove some of the danger of a pinch situation so many of us encounter in the woods/rocks/desert. Something like a construction boot steel toe, then just bring the steel up to the pivot point covering the top of the foot. Just a thought and I have not received a response from them yet. I know w/o my boots I would have lost my whole foot, so I am thankful for the protection they provided!! BTW..go ahead Okie..have a look!! :eek:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If you do lose it, send it to DW 01 with BigLou. His team can hand it off during the Tag Team MX.

Get it? HAND it off?

Last edited:
B

biglou

Who's it gonna be???

Who will be the lucky DirtWeek attendee to pull my name out of the hat?:scream: Whose gonna be the other half of "Team BigToe", er, I mean "Team BigLou".;)

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Been thinking about having it made into a keychain, or something cool, attatch it to the bike for races..could distract the competition:p
Fred2, that moto pic is from Finger Lakes in Columbia..lots of fun, can't wait to get back out there!!

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Blue Thunder
Been thinking about having it made into a keychain, or something cool, attatch it to the bike for races..could distract the competition:p
So you're going to tote it around?

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Who is footin the bill on that?:eek:

It is good to see that you are keeping a light heart about it all, and are staying positive. Best wishes.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Man Jason, That picture is sweet!!!! Now I am really ticked that I did not go to Finger Lakes with you all that day. That track looks awesome. It's OFFICIAL, on your first ride back we are going to Finger Lakes for the "Blue Thunder Revival Tour Ride".:confused:

Get well soon!!!

P.S.--BIG LOU, e-mail any other pics you have from Finger Lakes and I will update my web page.

B

biglou

GREAT NEWS!! (At least for now)

Doc says that the dead tissue might be somewhat superficial and that he wants to just let it go with weekly check-ups. He believes that the dead, black tissue will purge itself and hopefully regenerate in time. As for seeing that Frankenstein toe in person, all I can say is "Wow!". That is one big, nasty looking appendage. The pictures don't do it justice. It looks like a big cartoon toe or something. Very painful. J's on the antibiotics to stave off infection and if all goes well that thing may just heal itself up. But it's gonna take some time. The doctor said "We shoulda just cut that thing off the first time I saw it!" I'm not sure if he was joking or not.:eek:

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Great News!!!

I could not imagine trying to upshift or brake (can't remember which foot it is on) without a big toe. Thanks for the update Lou.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Wooohooo! High five J! Uh...four!

I really hope you will be able to keep it. I met a mechanic last week who has the same problem (dying tissue) with his fingertips. The docs have no idea what his problem is. They just keep excising tissue from his fingers.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
man that had to hurt !

hope every thing works out! "it does kinda match your bike though?" :confused:

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Man, looks like that crash came about a "Foot" to close! ;)

Dang, that looks like it hurt. I am happy to hear he is doing better. The appetite thing is going to suffer for the rest of the day for me though! Why'd I have to look ???!!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Give us an update. How is the toe?

Top Bottom