Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
No idea fatty.

I have only ridden it through second gear. Idles nice. The guy that had it before had a 12/50 gearing on it. That may work out with the 19" rear. But I put a 13 on the front for now. I still think that the carb needs just a bit of tinkering.

I just started to tear it down after I got it. I bought new wheel bearings before I picked it up and new fork seals knowing that would be needed. Then started at the rear linkage, found that was gone! so I am waiting for some new bearings and a new Unitrack link to complete it.

I wish I had a helmet cam yesterday! We went ripping on the local hill for about 30 miles flat out. There was no one else on the mountain at like 5pm yesterday. It was great fun!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by Kamofly
what model KX head gaskett?? Is it thinner than KDX??

I always used the '88 KX250 gasket when I had my KDX250. The KX gasket is thinner. Several of the other years KX250 will also work. Kawasaki offered 'thick' and 'thin' gaskets on some years of KX250 - the '88 model part number is 'thin' only. You can view the part numbers at www.buykawasaki.com - for some years the parts fiche shows the thicknesses.

Top Bottom