fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
It is time to get started on the annual events - Pine Cone and Jack Pine enduros.  Many of you have helped in the past.  Let me know if you are interested in helping this year.

The Lansing Motorcycle Club will be working on these events - marking the event trail - beginning this weekend.   We will need help marking the trail, but also on the weekend of the events (August 16 and 17) we will need a lot of help with road crossings, workers for the checks, pre and post riders for each section.  I would like to be able to tell the club that I will handle a complete section and have people to handle all of the tasks.

Let me know if you can help and what function you would like to handle.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Mike,

We will be there for the entire weekend. I will probably ride Saturday with the kids and wife but I would love to help out on Sunday. Pre-ride and check work would be my first choice.

TF

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TF,

Is the family interested in helping on Sunday or will they stay at the clubgrounds to ride?  I am just trying to get a good idea of how many people I have in my "team" of workers.

MM

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
BIG Work weekend on August 2 and 3.  Bring your staplers and arrow pouches.  I will be at the clubgrounds on Friday night.

Dad - Tim will not be riding the Pine Cone this year.  I think he is planning to help Fred with the pre and sweep riding.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
I'll be up Friday night and I'll even bring a stapler!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I can help out on Saturday but I plan on racing on Sunday.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Tom,  I thought you could work with Fred on Saturday.  He asked to be part of the pre ride crew.  Is your brother planning to work BOTH days or is he running gas for you on Sunday?

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I'm not really sure what he is going to do. I'll have to ask him.

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Mike,

I'll be there Aug 3-4, Don't know if I'll be working the quad event or arrowing. Where ever you and Jeff need me. I'll be in Canada the 8-16 so I'll miss Jack pine this year.

Brian

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I'm RIDING THE PINE CONE!!!! I'm so excited...hopefully it won't be the first time I get to ride it after getting it repaired...

Yes, the poor XR200 is smokin' and burning oil...apparently the lower ring had a gap in it. Currently the bike rests in stable but 'dismembered' condition, and our very own Napper is taking good care of it. Thanks Napper!! :thumb:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by MWEISSEN
Mike,

Are you marking trail this weekend? I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, depends upon the weather, but may be able to help out.

Mark, FYI- Lansing MC is hosting their Dual sport ride this weekend and you may just enjoy it - a little 2 track, road and some single track too. Comes with some chow too.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We will be marking trail this weekend.  The Dual Sport is Sunday morning  and starts at 10:00.  Come early because the entry fee includes breakfast.

Mark, hope you can make it to the clubgrounds this weekend!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We got a lot of work done this weekend.  A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped.

We marked trail on Saturday.  On Sunday, LMC has a quad event and a dual sport.  Most of the DRN crew pre rode the quad event to make sure the arrows were still up after the rain.  In the afternoon we rode some of the Pine Cone trail - what a great ride (except for the Crash and Burn episodes towards the end).

I will be at the clubgrounds on Saturday - club meeting in the early morning and checking trail the rest of the day.  If anyone can help, let me know.  Later in the afternoon on Saturday I will be heading to Harrison for the National Enduro.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I'm hoping that I can make it to Harrison this weekend, I'm supposed to have the weekend off of work, but now I hear that one of the cooks is going to Florida for the weekend and the only person who can fill in for him is me. :ugg:

I'm hoping everything works out...but even if I do end up having to work, I'll still be making much needed money.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The big weekend is here!!  We have a large group of DRNers who will be at the clubgrounds to ride and work these events.  I am not going to list everyone for fear that I might forget someone.  We may not have room for everyone in our "corner" of the clubgrounds, but we will do our best to accomodate everyone.

I will be riding the Pine Cone on Saturday with my dad, Fender, and a clubmember's son (Josh Winters).  His dad injured his arm and asked me to include Josh on our minute.  We plan to be on an early number (#3) and I think Badgerman and red/green are planning to ride behind us.

On Sunday the DRN crew will be preriding a section, running a check, post riding the same section (different group), running a second check and post riding the final section.  It will be a long day, but a lot of fun.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
just wanted to say ride smart, be safe, and have fun this weekend. :aj:

wish I could be there....but...enjoying all your posts in the mean time.

rickshaw

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Our corner of the clubgrounds was filled with DRNers.  Some were riding and some were working.  Thanks to all that made this weekend a success!  We had over 300 riders on Saturday and about 120 on Sunday.

Congratulations to all that went home with a trophy!!  An apology to Zach Smith (Smit Dog Jr.) that his trophy was delayed in the presentation.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Thanks to everyone at LMC for a fun event! You did a good job of finding decent trail that wasn't too whooped out. You had lots of people at road crossings, etc -- really showed that you went all out to make sure all would go well. THANK YOU! I know how much work it is to get all that organized!
Originally posted by fatherandson
Congratulations to all that went home with a trophy!!
:( I didn't get a trophy -- but I DID learn and improve my sand riding skills!
Magoo

Top Bottom