kawrider

Jun 27, 2004
Hi Folks,
I have an '04 KDX 200 with holes drilled in the airbox, and the stock air filter. I run Maxima 927 or Bel-Ray oil mixed 40:1. If the fuel gets any older than a day or two, the engine pings badly. The bike starts easily regardless of temprature both engine and ambient. At start up with day old fuel, the bike loads up a little. This is the only time the bike ever fouls a plug {ngkbr8es} After the engine warms up a bit, it starts to ping. I have owned several DX'es in the past and have never run into this sort of thing before. And also I have tried Stabil and it made the problem worse!
I live in central Alabama, and it does not matter if its 10 degrees F. or 110degrees F.
Thanks for any assistance,
Dave

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
its the castor in the premix. if you continue to use that premix, mix it when you need it. because of the vegetable oil (castor) in the premix, it doesn tmix well with gas. If you want to keep mixed gas, use Maxima Super M. Same stuff, without the castor.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
KDXFreestyle said:
its the castor in the premix. if you continue to use that premix, mix it when you need it. because of the vegetable oil (castor) in the premix, it doesn tmix well with gas. If you want to keep mixed gas, use Maxima Super M. Same stuff, without the castor.
From my understanding the Castor seperates quickly from the gas and MX racers who use it run a new pre-mix every moto. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the castor based mix, but it sounds like you might be better suited going to a different brand

kawrider

Jun 27, 2004
Thanks, Guys!
That makes sence. In my other bikes, I used nothing but Spectro. The local dealer stopped carrying it so I changed brands.
Thanks again,
David

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
use amsoil , Ive never had a problem :cool:

Top Bottom