Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Has anyone seen this on Speed channel? I watched about 4 of them last night. Call me stupid, but how cocky does one really need to be that it would let them lose a car that they have probably spent years and tons of money and time on building? But for the most part, all of the guys who lost their car, deserved to lose their car. And there was one cat on there who I would have swore was Rooster! Yeah, he was that good lookin!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Geez, I thought this was a thread about salmon fishing...........after all, it is an even numbered year. :bang:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I think Pinks is a pretty entertaining show. I figure most the guys on there can afford to lose their car, and winning a car is worth the risk. I wish they would show the elapsed times and mph - some of the cars are very fast.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I don't understand why they don't use the tree and the timing lights. I guess they want to give it that street racing flavor. But if they are gonna do that, do it on a street somewhere.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if they used the lights there would be no arguing over who jumped early, which is part of the show from what i can tell

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well, that seems to be the main part of all of these reality based shows. It grates on my nerves. If I wanted to argue, I would stop ignoring my girlfriend while I am watching this crap.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
:rotfl: :rotfl:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
you can thank paul sr.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I didn't think I'd like the show but I caught a couple of episodes over the weekend and I do like it. I spent many, many a day in South Florida as a street racer punk. It brought back some old memories of the trash talk and BS that goes on in those places.

If you happened to see the blue Nova lose to the 'Vette 3 out of 3, you saw stubborness and stupidity all at once. It's nice to have some balls, but winning is the name of the game.

I'll watch it again.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I thought I was the only one who watched that show. Can't wait for the new season.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
gwcrim said:
I didn't think I'd like the show but I caught a couple of episodes over the weekend and I do like it. I spent many, many a day in South Florida as a street racer punk. It brought back some old memories of the trash talk and BS that goes on in those places.

If you happened to see the blue Nova lose to the 'Vette 3 out of 3, you saw stubborness and stupidity all at once. It's nice to have some balls, but winning is the name of the game.

I'll watch it again.

That guy deserved to lose his car!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
there has to be some sort of incentive to go on that show, like the unmentioned peoples court incentive

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well, the fact that stupid rednecks will do just about anything to get on TV is probably incentive enough.

And I say that, being a stupid redneck myself.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The '64 vette vs. the Nova was one of my favorite episodes. The Nova guy was stubborn but refused to take lengths or go less than 1/4.

That Vette was ferocious and launched hard.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I wanted to see the guy who looked like Rooster, lose his Camaro. He no showed on the first race and then showed up to the second one acting like a putz. There was a kid from Fl who lost his older Nova and that was good too because he was a punk ass. They were trying to sneak a jet change in under the guise of it being a bad NO2 cylinoid.

But yeah, the other Nova guy let pride lose him a sweet car. It was hilarious when he asked the vette to take off a stage and it actually helped him hook up better.

Top Bottom