KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
I'm wishing to replace all the swingarm and shock bearings while the RaceTech suspension goes in. I have been reading for 2 hours now trying to get a solid base for obtaining bearings. I have read that the All Balls product are of Oriental descent and of "dodgy" quality. I have also read that the Pivot Works one doesn't have all the seals. So question time....

Are the All Balls ones totally crappy or would they be OK if you replace them regulary? The All Balls are easier for me to get.

With the Pivot Works kits what other seals and things would I need if I were to get it?

I can recall reading a while ago that there was a bearing Co. that had some kind of lifetime replacement deal???? Any idea or am I just trippin?

Are there any other ways other than from a stealership to get the complete set for everything swingarm wise?

Thanks guys and I know that this is a well covered topic but I have had eye surg. and the eyes don't like to work for long. I really appreciate all your help. :cool:

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
I've got a mix of All Balls and Pivot Works bearings on my 89 and both hold up fine as long as you grease them regularly. Within reason of course. The lower shock bearing is junk no matter who you buy it from. CBR makes a set of wheel bearings that come with a lifetime warranty.

-Maurice

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Caged assemblies are simply a roller complement with a retainer, placed between two hardened machine elements that act as raceways. Their speed capability is about three times higher than that of loose-needle bearings, but the smaller complement of needles reduces load capacity for the caged assemblies.
What all that means Im still not sure.....
Summore;
The cage supports no bearing load; it serves to keep the balls located.

CAGED BEARING CONSTRUCTION
steel cage which provides inward retention of the needle rollers. The design provides maximum cage strength consistent with the long life requirements.

mosesbmx

Dec 14, 2003
dude i got all ballz and they good plus you get a sticker. all seals all sleves all bearings. swingarm about 90 bucks aus i think linkage 190 bucks but cheaper than bearing shop ive looked

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I wouldn't replace the bearings unless they are bad. The lower shock bearing will have a better chance of being bad than anything else. It takes more punishment than the rest. I usually just get the cheap ones to replace the bad ones. I then order the seals I need from Ron Ayers and come out the cheapest this way. If they're maintained, most of these bearing will last a LONG time. No need to replace them. Just keep them greased. :cool:

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I have run the All Balls kits and had good luck with them. The thing I like the most about them is the way they package their kits. The linkage kit for my bike costs about $60 from Rocky Mtn and includes all the linkage bearings and seals and the lower shock bearing and seals. The Pivot Works linkage kit is about $80 but doesn't come with the shock bearing. You have to buy the shock kit for another $30 to get the shock bearings. Usually it's only the lower one that needs replaced anyway so I don't see spending another $50 to get the Pivots Works kits.

The key to longevity with these bearings is to service them regularly. It's definitely not my favorite job but if they're taken care of they'll last a long time.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I've had better luck with Pivotworks. The All Balls steering bearing and race I installed was tarnished and crappy looking after just one year of well-greased operation. They are less expensive, though.

Top Bottom