PK, Rooster, Squeaky...you guys alright in Water...Uh, Rhode Island?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
We're fine, Dave thanks for asking. Lots of flooded basements and roads here though. Water is pretty impressive stuff.
The flood in 82 was pretty neat. Two weeks ago we said Wow we topped that. Right now we're another 6-7 feet over that level. :yikes:

Grandma lost her water heater and her furnace shut off. We were over there until 9:30 or so pumping her out as best we could and at least got the furnace up and going again. The water was coming in faster than her two little pumps could pump it out.

The ground was already saturated from the earlier storm that put 10 inches in our basement (we had the sump unplugged at the time) :bang: Now, with the sump plugged in, it has been working non-stop since this storm started.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
We had our own flood that made the national news back in 2006 so I have an idea what you'e going through. It's totally amazing what water can do...and scary too. Glad you are mostly dry

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I just stopped in to ask the same thing!
Glad to hear your doing allright, please keep us posted if it changes!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Rivers have all crested and are starting to withdraw (slowly) As long as we don't see any more major rain events in the next couple of days we should be OK

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
We are high and dry Dave, thanks for thinking of us. I learned a valuable lesson some time ago and always choose to live well above the flood plane. I lost my home and everything else I owned (except for the bikes and the cars) in 1993 back in Iowa when the entire state was under water (well, it seemed like it was the whole state). I find it kind of ironic how some of the rivers that man straightened out (to have more dry land) are taking back that which was theirs to begin with.

All we need now is a couple of 'naders out here and this state will completely lose it's mind. :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom