kdxdude

May 19, 2001
i was wondering what the difference there is between the B8ES plug and a B7 type plug.. is it a different heat range? can ANY ONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS?

thanks in advance.

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
DUDE... you got it right. The difference in the 7 and 8 is that the 7 will burn hotter. The 8 is a cooler plug. The higher the # the cooler the plug will burn. The lower the # the hotter the plug will burn. Thats all i know, as for anything else ya might wanna ask one of the smart guys of DRN!

JohnScott

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2001
Thanks for the sight reference. I know that the 'R' in BR8ES stands for resistor. What does that mean? Will a non-resistor plug perform differently from a resistor plug?

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Spark plugs create Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) when they fire. During the days of points and condensors, this wasn't a problem except with your AM radio. Nowdays, you have all kinds of electronic control modules and Capacitive Discharge Ignitions that MAY be suseptable to this interference. Resistor plugs limit the rush of current thru the plug and dampen the RFI generated by the plug. There are several other posts throughout DRN that you can search on this subject and opinions vary. But as an electronics technician, I'd say....if your specifications call for a resistor plug, then use it. You dont know what problems you may cause with your bikes electronic control module by generating un-necessary RFI. AND, you aren't going to see any increase in performance by running a non-resistor plug anyway, so why bother???

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The hotter plug (say a 7 vs: an 8) will also cause the engine temperature to increase. 25-50º as I recall.

Why run B7ES when the manual calls for BR8ES??

Because the local parts shop (that sells 'em cheap) DOESn't sell 'Rs".

Well..that and the non-r doesn't interfere with ANY of my onboard stereo gear!

Top Bottom