kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
My shop sells motul and polaris synthetic premix oils. My friend ran the motul and it created alot of spooge and he had to rejet all over again for it. I ran polaris oil in my last bike and never had slooge problems and im running it on my new bike now with no problems. But over on another forum they're saying that its meant as an injector oil and that it will seperate and cause damage. That doesnt make any sense to me seeing as how most injector oils say right on the back that you should just mix a bit leaner for premix applications. On the polaris bottle it says meant for all 2 stroke applications with variable exhaust systems and nothing about sleds or injectors.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
We run that exact oil in our 300 Polaris 4x4. It doesn't see very much use so the same oil probably sits in the reservoir for 1-2 years. We have never had a problem...

Whats difference if it sits in a plastic bottle for 2 years or in a plastic reservoir.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
No it's not about the oil sitting they were just trying to tell me that because it says polaris on it, it's meant for sleds and injector systems and cant be used for premix applications because the oil will seperate and wreak havoc on my main bearings. I just think they're being dumb it's not the best motorcycle forum.

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
Exactly which Polaris oil is it? The reason I ask is because all Polaris 2-cycle oils can be used for either premix or in oil-injection systems.
Is it Blend, VES Gold or Red? Im guessing its Red if it a synthetic and is for premix applications.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Its the VES version but not the gold. The gold was only in the big jugs. I used to buy the blue but they stopped carrying it.

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
Blue was replaced by a synthetic blend. I use it in my snowmobile and its a good oil. VES should work fine, but its a very expensive oil. Its something like $30 a gallon, I think.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well I paid $13 for 1000ml or 32 ounces. Its fully synthetic so im gonna use up the bottle then try the motul 710 and see which one I like the best.

Top Bottom