polished & powder coated '91 engine

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
I just finished tricking my '91 kdx200 engine; polished, clear gold, home-fabed carbon fiber. Wanted to show it off; how do I post pic?

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
91 engine pic

figured out how to upload; image had to be shrunk to very small size. Full size really shows off the unit. oh well..

Attachments

• '91 before.jpg
    '91 before.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 355
  • '91 after.jpg
    '91 after.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 410
  • '91 engine pic.jpg
    '91 engine pic.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 846

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
No kidding...love the carbon fiber KIPS cover. I've been wanting to play with some carbon fiber for a while. Did you just use the stock cover as a mold and then lay the carbon fiber layers over it?

-Maurice

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
The winter's in New York must be BRUTAL!

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
It's a kx rear fender with a ufo tail light extension. The rear fender in the first picture was a flo-green fender. The pictures I took we're quite large in format. By the time I dropped from 24 to 16 color, degraded the pixels, & shrunk the images, the ended up pretty junky. No MS paint involved

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
m0rie said:
No kidding...love the carbon fiber KIPS cover. I've been wanting to play with some carbon fiber for a while. Did you just use the stock cover as a mold and then lay the carbon fiber layers over it?

-Maurice

Maurice,

I used the stock covers to do the ignition, kips, & front sprockets cover as molds for the carbon fiber.

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
speedracer238 said:
Is it just me or does that swingarm look longer? maybe its the KX fender makin it look like that?

Speedracer,

The swing arm is stock; just polished & powder coated.
The kawasaki decal I got from a guy on E-bay. What makes his decals nice is that the letters are cut out vs. being printed on a clear back-groud, which over time would leave a square outline around the the logo

meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
JasonWho said:
meowz9z, e-mail me those pics at jasonwhokdx at mchsi.com and I will post them on my website so they can be seen in full detail.

Thanks Jason,

I'll E-mail them in the next day or so!

Steve

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
If you have Photoshop you can "Optimize" your pics. The quality stays pretty much the same but you can make the file size smaller (I believe the limit here is 72k) and to reduce the pixels to the 600 limit

Its what I use on all the pics I post

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Great job! I would like to order the carbon fiber parts for a 1999 KDX please. Shipping and billing address are the same.
BTW: Don't forget to add oil. That third photo looks like there is nothing showing in the window.

Top Bottom