Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Went to Polka Dots yesterday, I like the venue even though there's a lot of moto track it's still fun. MY kids have started riding HS this season so we get there early so Erin can ride the Womens class. Sign up was slow-I cannot believe the clubs don't have any one that knows what they are doing to help Virginia. My daughter get ready for the parade lap and they took off-some moron kid on a Suzuki came flying around the out side, took out her front tire-high sided into her and drove his handle bar into her leg that is pinned betweeen the 2 bikes. That ender her day on the damn PARADE LAP! I tried to find the kid and parents before their race started to explain what a parade lap is-you don't need to win practice! I couldn't find the right kid though. That was $40 wasted and she's limping around.

Nathan had a bad start and couldn't get his bi8ke off the line at the Z"Z class and it fired up after the "X" class was leaving.

Our class took off and I got a mid pack start and we caought the "X" class in short order and I swear their was about 30 of them in single file going slowly through the woods. I began to find "alternate" lines and finally picked off the entire "choo choo train" and was going good. I got to the section down by the river bed and it took an abrupt steep left turn and I missed it and the other line up the hill was plugged by someguy stuck on the hill-CRAP! I had to get off the bike and push it back wards and all the hard work passing the "choo choo" went away. I had to do it all again-there was more traffic all race than any other HS I've every rode and they don't move over either. That part sucked and really screwed up my lap times. It just seemed like a battle the whole race getting by people-I at one time had #2 and #3 riders in my class just in front of me, I was catching them in the woods and I just couldn't get around some one so I took an alternate line and hit the deck on a big azz log. "Back to work" so I caught te #3 guy again and down I go again trying to pass - it was frustrating. I ended up 4th (again) just a few seconds behind 3rd (again) I enjoyed the course, it was fun, got chewed up pretty good on my last lap and it was pretty dusty. The flat track section was different and fun-never did that before. I even made a few jumps including a double once I KNEW what all the jumps were. earlier this year at BC I thought a double was a table and that was one hell of a landing-so I didn't want to do that again. :|

Next weekend is the Summer Bummer Enduro-I hope those clwons can put on a decent enduro and not have to throw out half the checks again. :ohmy:

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Freddy, PD is one of my favorite tracks. Too bad that when you played "train" you ended up the caboose. For Roselawn just don't have any problems on Sundays race. REMEMBER they don't run a sweep crew. Dpn't trust any Indiana rider to report that you are down even if you tell 5 people like I did last year. I will be riding Saturday and IF I have fun I will be thinking of riding Sunday.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
I'll be there to help with scoring and anything else!
I WILL make sure ALL my riders come home.
(well if woman rider pay good, Bruno may not!)

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Fred T said:
My daughter get ready for the parade lap and they took off-some moron kid on a Suzuki came flying around the out side, took out her front tire-high sided into her and drove his handle bar into her leg that is pinned betweeen the 2 bikes. That ender her day on the damn PARADE LAP! I tried to find the kid and parents before their race started to explain what a parade lap is-you don't need to win practice! I couldn't find the right kid though. That was $40 wasted and she's limping around.

I hope the limp is not caused my anything serious and she will be fine.

I really wish the woman's class at harescrambles would change in several ways.

tdunn976 said:
I'll be there to help with scoring and anything else!
I WILL make sure ALL my riders come home.
(well if woman rider pay good, Bruno may not!)

How much?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
WomanRider said:
I hope the limp is not caused my anything serious and she will be fine.

I really wish the woman's class at harescrambles would change in several ways.

How much?

Thanks, I think she will be OK, just really sore night now. Just be careful for what you wish for Lou Ann, if you want to be out there in the afternoon with full sized bikes running with those Bozo's you would really have some new found 4 letter words to describe what many HS riders act like out there on the track. It's ain't no family enduro thats for sure. As it is right now the ladies ride the shorter, tamer course and except for some kids that need a few daily helmet slaps it's a pretty decent safe scene.

For insurance reasons I believe they cannot mix full sized bikes with smaller bikes and that is why is is what it is now.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Fred

Is the up and coming Aug. 24th HS at VTR Club grounds the most woods oriented of the season? MX jumps are not our thing.

Thanks

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
salgeek said:
Fred

Is the up and coming Aug. 24th HS at VTR Club grounds the most woods oriented of the season? MX jumps are not our thing.

Thanks

Ya VTR is all woods, no moto track. It will be interesting to see what they make for a course after it got tore to hell earlier this season in the rain.

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
I was talking to a member and they were talking about renting a bobcat and fixing as much as they can, then rerouting the areas that cant be repaired...

Top Bottom