Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Jeez, what is up with all the mud. I stayed out of the "slots of doom" and didn't get stuck. Just got pulled over by the mud hole police and he threatened to DQ me for cutting inside a corner to avoid the mud. I pleaded with him to give me a break, turned around and rerode through the mud hole and that was that, lost a ton of time there and a position or two.
Another HS in the books, another really dirty bike to clean. :cool:

Grant won the "Z" class this week, them jumps are his gig fo sho!

I tried the big step up and came up short badly and that reminded me of who I really am and I rolled most of the jumps after that. Whew!

Last edited:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Jeez, what is up with all the mud. I stayed out of the "slots of doom" and didn't get stuck. Just got pulled over by the mud hole police and he threatened to DQ me for cutting inside a corner to avoid the mud. I pleaded with him to give me a break, turned around and rerode through the mud hole and that was that, lost a ton of time there and a position or two.
:think: That probably cost you the win....

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
:think: That probably cost you the win....

Naw, Yur buddy Kim was there and John love. It's a race for 3rd. I was probably 3rd or 4th but ended up 5th.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
On the first lap seeing the woods and mud I was thinking there is no way this race is going to work out. It ended up getting better I guess but, it was more of a free for all in the woods with allot of riders cutting course real bad. I made a few new lines myself and I do not like tracks that are not cleanly and clearly marked.

5 teams in my class! - LT is doing just dandy as far as numbers.

Shagy, what is up with you and hole shots? - I was glad to see you on the line :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I guess we now know why PD is usually in late July or early August. Hope we don't make that mistake again. :whoa:

Many-a burnt clutch and stuck bike. :yikes:

More importantly, anyone hear the status on Flannery? I heard that he broke his pelvis on the fist lap. Not cool.

My hats off to Bob, Tina, Brian, Gary and the rest for doing their best with what they had.

Tough day. :ohmy:

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
yeah the holeshots have been suckin lately don't know whats goin on there. the throttle stuck wide open on the first lap and i almost ran you over in a corner fred. had some problems with the bike as it lost all bottom end so the mud was definatly fun. Might not be riding CMB in the team class as i belive that cale broke his wrist yesterday with three laps to go

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shagy,

Sorry to hear about your bad day, I hope your brother is OK. Why did you start way out to the out side? :coocoo: Even if you were set up better for the corner you had to go an additional 3-4 bike lengths farther and I could have pushed you to the outside of the course had I needed too. - - - -goof ball

I was looking at the lap times and notice that the Stevens/Luca H team had a lap at 13:02 that is really fast considering Gault nor Wagner ever got below 14:00

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I was looking at the lap times and notice that the Stevens/Luca H team had a lap at 13:02 that is really fast considering Gault nor Wagner ever got below 14:00

Lots of "that" going on Fred. Nothing can be done about it though. I guess there were a few guys running the Quad trail down along the east side of the entry road, all the way down to the gate and crossing the road back on the trail. Nice short cut. No one reported numbers though.

Definitely not a fun day today for BK and I! We've been fielding the phone calls. :bang:

Cheaters are cheaters. But in a race like that, we all had to use some creativeness just to get around in that slop.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
Lots of "that" going on Fred. Nothing can be done about it though. I guess there were a few guys running the Quad trail down along the east side of the entry road, all the way down to the gate and crossing the road back on the trail. Nice short cut. No one reported numbers though.

Definitely not a fun day today for BK and I! We've been fielding the phone calls. :bang:

Cheaters are cheaters. But in a race like that, we all had to use some creativeness just to get around in that slop.

Mark,

I am not complaining and I am sure you are getting some calls. I have rode Polka Dots and I agree that they probably did the best they could considering the terrain to work with. I liked your point about the PD race being held later in the year in the future - unusually wet this year at my house too.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Flannery is OK. I guess he didn't have any broken bones. Good thing! :cool: He's had a rough summer so far.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yam7M said:

Yeah thats the thing, if they had taken the "moist" areas and went about 100 feet apart and ribboned a trajectory through them and then let the bikes have at it any where between the ribboned off area it may all have worked out. But when you get off the trail and start finding dry lines you get screwed up and there wasn't a lot of arrows either.

I can respect how much work go's into arrowing but jeez they only have a 5-8 mile section to figure out, most of it on old trail and moto track so they had plenty of time in advance to get in there and put lots of ribbon and arrows up in the the wet stuff and get traffic pointed in the right direction.

In enduros we have to set up 6-8 sections like that, have them perfectly arrowed and burned in and we can do it. (In a few weeks!)

Not trying to cause trouble but these HS clubs have it easy compared to an Enduro club so we tend to be less understanding.

Rant over.

(I'm just a little miffed at getting harassed for 2-3 minutes on lap 4 by a clubmember when I was hauling azz and making moves and not course cutting but getting through the mud, I was riding well. It was necessary especially when the line got plugged up.)

OK, now I'm over it. :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Here's the problem Fred: They had a 7 mile course set up weeks in advance. It POURED there on Monday, and again on Wednesday. It completely trashed the course that the club spent hours putting together. Then it rained again Saturday night. They normally are regarded as one of the best of the year....in short (no offense :) ), they know exactly what they are doing.

So.....they had Friday and Sat to try and make the best of it. I don't think you and your enduro groups have 2 days to set up for a race. Most of the original stuff was completely thrown out.

The other large difference between enduro's and hs races is that you are only going through the enduro trail once, maybe twice backwards, and that's it. A typical HS course will have between 8-10 laps. Take the larger number of bikes at an HS, then add 5 times the number of times those bikes pass over that terrain, and you have a difficult task at trying to make riders happy.

Then combine low ground with saturated soil :ohmy:

They did their best. It sucked to be sure, but I wouldn't lay blame on the club man.

Sorry a course worker gave you problems. Thanks for doing the section again.

I lost my share of spots trying to stay on the course too.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mark
I'm sorry I'm not trying to make your life miserable. I was told that it never dried out from spring so I thought it was wet before hand.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
update on my partner: no broken bones just a real bad sprain so hes gonna be fine he'll just be sittin the next one out so it heals before jackpine.

Fred B: I could see luca turnin a lap faster than wegner or gaullt as i have seen him do it before. The guy fricken rips

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shagy100 said:
update on my partner: no broken bones just a real bad sprain so hes gonna be fine he'll just be sittin the next one out so it heals before jackpine.

Fred B: I could see luca turnin a lap faster than wegner or gaullt as i have seen him do it before. The guy fricken rips

Shagy,

I know Luca rips and I was not making accusations if you re-read my post. Luca has left me standing still quite a few times. I will say the 13 min lap time does look a bit off though.

I am glad to hear you brother is OK :cool: You should get the K-whacker fixed and ride CMB. You guys could get in the points race easy.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom