• Total voters

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Just wondering what You folks prefer?

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
i like Yamays ^^ for two reasons....1.i've ridden a few friends bikes honda's/KTM and i like mine the best....2.Yamaha also produces Piano/keyboards gotta love my music making dirbike

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I hear those Yamis are awesome down low in the revs!

bocephous

Mar 15, 2005
I bought an "05 KX250 as my first dirt bike in 14 years because I got the best deal on that bike. I would've just as happily bought a YZ, RM, or CR and not looked back. With my limited skills I'm not pushing the KX anywhere near its limit, and only hope it's a reliable machine with proper maintenance.

However, when it comes to street bikes, I lean toward Yamahas. High quality, good looks, and lotsa miles between valve checks (26,600 miles) won me over.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I do still have my 97 KTM 200EXC-LE, but mostly ride the 02 Cannondale E440 which wasnt a choice in the poll. I dont like being the "other" so I checked the KTM ;)

B

biglou

Been on Yamaha for the last 3+ years, 2001 YZ426F - 2004 YZ450F - 2005 YZ250, and a heavily modified 2001 TTR125L play bike. I'm diggin' the blue bikes. Prior to that: 1998 DR350 Dirt Only (first bike, March 2000), , 2000 DRZ400 Dirt Only (spent cubic dollars trying to "MX" it), 2001 kTm 250MXC. Had a XR/CRF50 w/tons of mods and BB kit, and an SDG Speed Mini thrown in the mix, too. Also, I got the jones for a 2005 CRF450R that I rode last month. That's the first Honda I've ever felt comfortable on.

Last edited by a moderator:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
KTM phase at the moment. This one is my 2nd. Had a few Yamahas and a couple Hondas. Never owned a Kawi or Suzi.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I've always ridden Yamahas, but now have a pumpkin bike in the garage... Well, actually it is in the shop right now (where it has spent more time than my garage)... GREAT bike when it is running, but I've had pretty bad luck with it so far... Hopefully our future will be brighter!

- Brian

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I picked Yamaha because I had a '90 YZ80 before my Kawi. Its not the blue thing becuase this Yami was red and white. It was the best so far, no problems whatsoever and it would go anywhere. I dont like the whole KE100 deal, not alot of hit, metal gas tank, and now I'm too tall for this one too, and its not even broke in yet!!! The stupid thing only has 395mi, its not broke in until well after 1,000 and I already need a new one!!! I really like the looks of them orange bikes though. Hopefully, someday.......

Bezdelnik

Jun 14, 2001
Orange has been the only color for me. It is tough as nails and gets me through more than I can handle. Now if we are talking street then it's a whole other story... Zuk...

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
Yamaha is the way to go for me.They are the fastest and most reliable machines.I like hondas, but I dont like the fact of seeing lots of CRF's in the shop everytime I go to my dealer.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I just switched to a GasGas and I'm loving it. Before the Gasser I rode Honda XRs for 5 years. I can't see myself going to anything but GasGas or Honda, except for maybe a KTM Duke or Ducati street bike.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
KTM is my main ride but I have a Honda XR650L for a street commuter, a Service Honda CR500AF for my adrenaline rush and a Gas Gas EC/XC300 for when I'm feeling frisky.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I picked Husky because that's what I rode last time I went out dirt riding. I rode a honda street bike to work today, a suzuki yesterday (pice of crap wouldn't run properly with the rain today). There are also a couple of KX's at my house and I am going to pick up a CR250R this evening and a KX125 saturday:)

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Yami's are still leadin' the way. :nod:

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
started with Honda, dealer turned me off and I've sworn off ever buying another Honda ANYTHING went to Yam (4 stroke) loved the bike, hated the weight, picked up a Kaw, and have ultimately ended up with a KTM - best of all worlds and spent $ on stuff I wanted rather than $ on aftermarket that was needed with others.

PineCone

Mi. Trail Riders
May 24, 2005
For kids that ride in the woods 4-stroke honda's all the way. They can go slow or fast and they can get the power for just about any thing you would cross in the woods. All the other brands for kids aren't for the woods exept yamaha but they don't have many choices. I've already had three honda's and I'm only 13. They are so easy to control. If you are a kid that rides in the woods honda's for sure. :laugh:

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
Anything but BLUE! Rode exclusively blue for a very long time. My Dad was one of their riders in the 70's. I have lived lots of places and there isn't a blue dealer that I want to go back to. Service....what's that? Then I had occasion to deal with the corporate side of blue. Never in my life have I been witness to such arrogance. I pitched everything blue. Dirt Bikes, Street Bike, ATV's, Snowmobiles, engine out of my midgit race car, computer speakers, and the calendar! I won't knock their equipment because it is some of the best. But if they won't stand behind it any better than I have been witness too and they treat their customers with arrogance then I'll vote with my wallet! I now ride orange and green and so far so good. Youngest daughter has a red 90cc ATV and so far so good there too. As for the cold equipment Arctic Cat green and Polaris red seem to be getting the job done and they still make 2 strokes unlike blue.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Seems the Red and Blue's are runnin neck and neck. I thought KTM would have faired a little better.

May 26, 2005
Always Rode green for the last .......... OooooK I won't mentiion how many years. Never owned anything else. Lately though I have been lusting for an Orange bike as they seem to be the only ones interested in making Off Road (not MX) 2 stokes. The new XC and XC-W line are going to see some of my money by Christmas time :)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Until this year................my last non KX bike was a new 87 yz 125 and yz250 yamaha. :nod: and I usually traded bikes every two years and got a 125 and a 250. After the 99 310 I was waiting for a bike that really said BUY ME and it didn't happen for a while. The KX 310 is a tough act to follow

Bought the CRF250X in 05 because Kawasaki didn't build the bike I wanted and I wanted a bike.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HONDA X have no problems and am not hampered by any shortcomings, this IS A GREAT BIKE

Top Bottom