What brand do you ride?

• Total voters

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
DWreck said:
I expected Honda and Yamaha to lead the way. I, like you expected there to be more KTM's.

but I see an orange 300 in my future.

Yea, I rode the orange 300 at DW and it was an awesome fast bike. Felt very light too. Gotta love a 2 smoker!

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
DWreck said:
I'm surprised that there are so many Kawi's. Must be the KDX factor.

Your probably right about the KDX factor, but the 2006 KX 250 looks like its going to start weighing in. Its getting great reviews.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ohhhhhhhh sweet Suzy! ;)

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
I used to be a solid honda rider.. thats all i wanted, they are very reliable...well, that was until i bought a yama 250.. the suspension and motor have now made me go blue..for a motocross bike, its very fast and smooth in the woods..

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Too bad there aren't more Gas Gas dealers around, or a contingency.........a couple years ago we had some Arkansas boys come up here for a big trail ride and I rode their local fast guy's 250EC........real sweet tight woods bike!

riderdadof4

Dec 30, 2005
ok I gotta answer this one!
between me the wife and kids
1. 85 kaw zx900
2. 00 yam yzf 600
3. 94 suz rm 250
4. 84 hon xr 200
5. 81 yam it 175
6. 80 yam gt 80
7. 98 kaw kx 60
8. 78 kaw ke 100

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
riderdadof4 said:
ok I gotta answer this one!
between me the wife and kids
1. 85 kaw zx900
2. 00 yam yzf 600
3. 94 suz rm 250
4. 84 hon xr 200
5. 81 yam it 175
6. 80 yam gt 80
7. 98 kaw kx 60
8. 78 kaw ke 100

All those colors, I'll bet you guys win the "Rainbow" award where-ever you ride!

:cool:

riderdadof4

Dec 30, 2005
can ya tell I'm not givin to 1 brand name
1. 85 kaw zx900 MINE
2. 00 yam yzf 600 MINE
3. 94 suz rm 250 MINE
4. 84 hon xr 200 wife
5. 81 yam it 175 kids
6. 80 yam gt 80 kids
7. 98 kaw kx 60 kids
8. 78 kaw ke 100 kids

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I switched again, went from Yamaha to KTM to Yamaha to KTM to ATK just in the last 2.5 yrs, I'm a bike Ho

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
i've got the four japanese brands representin' in the garage, all different models though and not all dirt bikes.

I thought i'd never see the day KTM was ahead of Suzuki for sales...

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It doesn't surprize me one bit. I think KTM has done just exactly what it takes to boost themselves into a top market share.
They provide top quality, that may simply be on even par with their competition, but appears to be much better. (they just do not have the plastic feel that stock jap bikes have)
And the providing of higher quality aftermarket parts as stock definately is a sales plus.
They engineer towards a specific niche, and do it very well in multiple venues.
They have networked and provided an easily accessible dealship.
They have recruited some great riders and have placed respectably in all racing venues.
And it looks like they may have made the right money deals on the inside to remain competitive.
Plus, they market well.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I picked Kawasaki, I love my KDX.....and am super pissed it was discontinud in Canada. When I'm out of school and have some money I'd like to give a KTM 200EXC or a Honda CRF250X a try.

Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
Having blue blood running through my body I go for a YAMAHA.

Having blue blood running through my body I go for a YAMAHA. Had all kinds and brands of motorcyces but YAMAHA´s always distinguished.`
plus I own YAMAHA guitars dvd players, homecinemas etc

bigtoyota479

Jan 26, 2006
KTM's rock!!! Just bought a new one after my old 95 cr125, and man!!! is that thing fast!!! The quality is excellent, the bike feels light and narrow, just the way i like it. The only complaint I have so far is NO skidplate, which I think should come stock on any bike. The hydraulic clutch is buttery smooth, Excel rims stock, chromed pipe, With an SST pipe and shorty silencer, this thing is a rocket ship!! Now to rejet for race gas and off we go!! highly recommended for those seeking something new.

David Doles

May 4, 2003
Have been riding blue since 01 YZ250. My son is on a YZ85.Great bikes built to last. Other than basic maint wear items bike has been great. tires chains and sprockets,clutch and fork and shock rebuilds and a topend here and there.
Have owned ktm,honda,suzukis and kaws in the past. All seem to hold up well as long as you do the proper maint. Well except the ktm which had so many problems,,,,, it brings back painful memories I cant go into.

Feb 3, 2006
I've owned an XR, RM, YZ, and most recently my Gas Gas ec250. Out of all of them, the gas gas is my love. It's a lot more modified than any of the others, but it's got the most constant power right as you crack the throttle from bottom straight through top end... Plus, it feels beautiful on the trails and can still hold its own at the track. Gas gas all the way! The only problem is that the closest dealership is over an hour away, and they've got somewhat of a corner on the market so they're expensive.

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
Honda

I have a little Honda and love it and think its da best but I guess its just what you learn on. A guy growing up with yamays would think they are the best and a guy growing up on Hondas would think they are the best. Surprisingly, Yamaha is winning the polls, I expected it to be Kawasaki or Honda

Bryan F

Feb 19, 2006
Gotta say, i love the bottom end torque of my KTM.......she is snappy all the way from the bottom end right to the top end. I had an older yamaha YZ but it had no where near the power of my KTM

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
My KTM is getting a little long in tooth, but the mini-open motor, factory Ohlins rear shock, factory wide-ratio gear box, and factory 3 gallon tank make this bike just too sweet to retire!

Top Bottom