Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
If Chad wins the last 3 races, and RC places 2nd, RC will still win the 250 overall. Check out www.sxgp.com for all the points standings. The site also has a ton of stats on lap times, rider dyno charts, etc.

Pretty good stuff...

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Originally posted by BEEF706
I remember last year's outdoors, Reed got his head handed to him by another rookie. Maybe his newfound confidence will follow him outdoors.

CR has improved his speed this season, not only confidence. Also, he was riding 125s last year, even though he is definitely a 250 rider. Granted, he is more of an SX rider than an MX rider but we'll see.

The better shape the tracks are in, the better CR will do. RC better pray for ruts.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
He doesn't have to pray, there are always ruts at the nationals. :debil: I am not trying to say Reed isn't fast, he is and he surprised me with his speed in SX. I am happy that the series is more competitive now, and if Reed has more speed than I think he does outdoors and he beats RC, I will post that I am a Honda loving goon in really big letters. :o I reallly think that the only one to beat RC is RC. Not really dissing Reed, he is the only one to step up and not self distruct.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I watched Skippy ride the 450 at Glen Helen for the World Cup race. He won't be disadvantaged at all in the outdoors. If he stays healthy I think he will be just as fast outdoors as he is in SX.

Can't wait for Glen Helen :aj:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Very very few people believed reed had what it takes in 250sx-they wrote him off-he has proved in the 1st full 250sx season he will not be beaten easlily by anyone.In the 250 gps he did amazing well on his 1st attempt.He was injured last season during the outdoors.This year hes on a more suitable bike for his style and knows the tracks /conditions better.I would not bet against him.

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
I watched CR at Pontiac, and thought he looked a lot like Jermey in his younger days. His style is a lot different than Ricky's.
Ricky brakes hard and cuts corners short and then accelerates hard. It seems like he loves throwing the bike around, whipping the rear wheel and pivoting on the front. He can save the bike from a crash better than anyone I've ever seen, but he uses a lot of energy riding.
Chad uses momentum and tries to keep his speed up in the corners, rides smoother and was making less mistakes, while I was watching him on Saturday. He picks good lines and uses less energy.
Their both great riders, but I enjoy watching Ricky more. He keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering when he is going to biff it.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Look at it this way 3 rounds to go and the SX series is still alive. Better than recent years when its always wrapped up with 3 rounds to go etc. Marcus hit the nail on the head....Chad can ride outdoors his maiden GP season proved that (regardless of the US lack of respect for GP riders I know they are fast outdoors) and Ive seen him race 426,s down here in OZ. Will he beat RC....not in the SX I think RC is too smart to lose it here but outdoors....the future is wide open!!!

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by marcusgunby
Very very few people believed reed had what it takes in 250sx-they wrote him off-he has proved in the 1st full 250sx season he will not be beaten easlily by anyone.In the 250 gps he did amazing well on his 1st attempt.He was injured last season during the outdoors.This year hes on a more suitable bike for his style and knows the tracks /conditions better.I would not bet against him.

Your spot on Marcus. Everyone keeps forgetting that Chad dislocated his shoulder last season in the 125 outdoors and couldn't ride to his full potential; this year, touch wood, he will stay healthy. He has also improved his speed this season.

I'm betting on Chad.

Top Bottom