Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The new basket should come with directions but essentially you are just drilling out the rivets, being careful not to damage the gear in any way.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
And........make sure to use loctite red (max strength) on screws that replace rivets.

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
No instructions came with it.. I am pretty sure I understand what needs to be done though.

Is drilling a better idea than grinding the exposed parts off the backside of the basket?(hope that makes sense).

My Father in law has a drill press that I can use, if I go that route is it best to drill out from the "gear side" of the basket or the "front" of the basket?

Thanks for all the help so far, my new hub should be here tomorrow and I can start getting things back together after soaking the plates.

Last edited:

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
My plates are soaking in oil overnight and I should be able to get things back together by this weekend. I still need to get the gear off the stock basket and find a torque wrench thatll do the 3.3 ft. lbs. they ask for on the springs(mine doesnt go that low).

I have one more "stupid" question.. I hope I can make this make sense...

On the fiber plates there are "grooves", the stock plates grooves were straight up and down, this ebc kit has the grooves at an angle along the plate. Which way should I place the ebc plates in? .. meaning should I see the grooves going " / / / " when installed on the hub, or should they be " \ \ \ " when installed? Does it matter?

No instructions were included. :yell:

Thanks again for any help!

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Got some pics of the plates to explain better about the direction of the "grooves" I was talking about..

Stock plate:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g315/sarmikgar/Motorcycles/IMAG0033.jpg

Ebc plate on one side:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g315/sarmikgar/Motorcycles/IMAG0034.jpg

Ebc plate other side:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g315/sarmikgar/Motorcycles/IMAG0035.jpg

I am unsure which way the EBC plates should be installed, which way should the "grooves" be going in relation to the front of the bike?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I've seen those type of "directional" plates before, but dunno how they go in... You would think that while spinning, one way would force oil to center of the clutch assembly, and they other way would do the opposite. Interesting, let us know what you find out. My guess is, oil is to be directed to the inside of hub...?

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Well I spent alot of the day looking for info and found none, unfortunately EBC doesnt have any kind of support line to call.

I noticed some of the other aftermarket kits have fiber plates that are similar in design to the EBC(Barnett being one), at this point in the game I am trying to find out how those go in and assuming the EBC plates would be the same..

I was also thinking of putting them in so one plate would be going "/ / /" and then a steel plate and then another fiber going "\ \ \", any idea if this would be good, bad or indifferant?

If anyone has installed any aftermarket clutch kit similar in design to these EBC plates and can remember how they went in that would be a big help! :cool:

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
It works! :cool: I went for a ride, probably about 20 min, and my jetting changes made a big differance as well. The bike actually wanted to lift the front end on its own this time and the rear fender isnt covered in spooge. I think Im still a tad bit rich down low but the mid and upper is alot stronger. Going to pull the plug and have a look-see soon.

For the record I put the plates in going "/ / /" -->(front of bike)

Thanks a ton for all the help guys! :cool: :boss:

Top Bottom