Power loss

carrslott

Mar 2, 2003
First of all, thanks to everyone on this forum. I've learned more about my KDX in the last six months of reading this board than I did in the previous 5 years of owning it, reading the service manual and tinkering with it by myself. My bike is a 95 200 that was pretty much stock when I got it (third owner). I run a FMF K-35 pipe with TC 2 silencer. It has always been a spooge monster, but with the suggestions and advice found here I have it jetted very close for my riding style. (42P, 152M, R1174K clip #2, stock #5 TV).
Well, I recently decided to try the C taper needles and now I have two problems. Problem #1: I used a CEL and the bike oozes at idle, even with a 35 pilot. The same thing happened with a CEM, no matter what position the air screw was in. Should I try the CEP or CEQ? I've never seen anyone mention these needles. Maybe I need a #6 or larger TV?
Problem #2: While testing the various combinations of jets and needles my bike suddenly lost power from mid throttle up. The first few test runs the bike ran normally and then...nothing after 1/2 throttle. Does this sound like a carb problem or did the KIPS pick a perfect time to clog and stick closed? The only other thing different is that when I turn the fuel on to an empty carb it will overflow for a few seconds then stop. After this initail spill all is back to normal. It never overflowed before. Thanks for any suggestions

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…