Powercoating stock head pipe?

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
I have a friend that will powerdercoat my exhaust for free as long as I sandblast it and get it ready. My question is, how hot does the headpipe on a 00RM250 get? That is the only problem, because if it ends up getting too hot I would have to ceramic coat it and that would cost me a little....

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
spark250 said:
you can't powder coat exhaust.
Yes you can...

Oh, you said exhaust.:laugh: That can't be coated, but you can powdercoat the head pipe as long as you never operate the bike with it installed (the powder won't survive the heat).

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
That is what I dont know...I know that when fully warm and at idle my streetbike exhaust gives temps (at highest temp) approx. 375 (while stopped) at the hottest point on the header. 1.5in down from the mounting bracket.....But that is a 4 stroke, 3 cylinder, 955cc injected bike.... And that is at idle, I do not know if it would increase or decrease with the RPM's raised. So I was basically wondering if anyone knew what the hottest temp (at any time) is on a 2-stroke 250.....

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
EGT's will run about 300 degrees F at idle to 1400+ degrees F under an extreme load
I read this somewhere, I think that it is car related which implies roughly 8000 RPM max.

Beyond that, try doing a little window shopping for Exhaust Temperature Gauges. When you do, take a look at their ranges. If you find one that doesn't reach 1200 I will be surprised. I am certain that your 2-stroke will exceed 1000 if you actually ride it.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
1250 -1450 is a typical range for a gasoline engine running at full power...

The cooler temp would be a little rich and the higher number a little lean. To lean and it'll run cool because it won't run good enough to make power.

Top Bottom