DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I have been running Golden Spectro in my 98 KX250 for 4 years at 40:1 with 92 octane premium unleaded and have had good luck with it.

JSTUCKI

Jul 8, 2002
OK, I just bought a 2002 220. This is my first 2 stroke in 20 years so I started to look at all the different oils available. All the oils I looked at didn't even have a recommended mix ratio with many having charts showing the amount of oil per gallon for different ratio's. Well this left me confused to say the least and to ask the guy's at the shop what oil/ratio to run just made matters worst. Then I was at the Honda shop and ran across HRP racing 2 stroke oil. The bottle clearly state's that the oil is to run at 32/1 and that one bottle mixes with 4 gallons of gas. I have been using this oil for the last two month's and I am still on the original plug and with no oozing of oil at the pipe joints, etc. Side note, in the old days(70's) we use to mix oil at 16 or 20 to 1!, and in a pinch regular motor oil(of course mixed with gas siphoned from my mom's car!)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: side note

I put quacker state 30W motor oil in my R5...did my first topend @ 47,000 miles!!

Got over 1000 miles out of a quart of it to boot!

Oh..here's a good one...(a plug comment WITH an oil imo!), I ran B77HCs, too. EVERYone told me I'd hole a piston with those 'hot' plugs.

Never happened.

I know all about experts (ex=has been, spert=drip under pressure :) ) and them telling me what 'won't work'. That makes me a lot more prone to say, 'If it suits you, it tickles me!!'

...but maxima superM is terrific!!! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom